Chapter 8: The Necklace

Y/n Pov

I was watching Jaune fighting against Cardin the leader of CRDL. Jaune was really letting his anger out and making him predictable in a combat. He then went charge at Cardin at full speed but Cardin side and when Jaune look back at him he got smack by his mace causing him to flew back and dropping his shield.

Y/n: "He's dead," I said then the rest of my team agree.

Ruby: "Yup"

Weiss: "Hmmm"

Blake: "Definitely"

Yang: "His toast" 

Jaune then stands up and run towards Cardin only with his sword and Cardin manage to block his attack with his mace. Their weapon interlocks each other.

Cardin: "This is the part when you lose"

Jaune: "Over my dead.." He then got kicked by Cardin on the stomach causing him to fall and groan with pain. Cardin then took this chance and was about smash Jaune until the buzzer went off ending the match. Professor Glynda then steps in.

Glynda: "Cardin that enough" she then forward in front of the crowd. "Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel. This would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and the official may call the match" she then finished the speech and looked at Jaune "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now please to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you to decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more defensive strategy" I then looked at Pyrrha who had concern look at her face.

Y/n: "Hey you ok?" she then nodded and said

Pyrrha: "It's Jaune you know I just don't know if he could make it through the whole semester?" I then place my hand on her shoulder and said.

Y/n: "Don't worry later on maybe you can ask him if he wants to train with you as far I can see your a great fighter Pyrrha" she then smile and nodded. As the Jaune left the arena Ms. Goodwitch then asked Cardin to pick for the final match.

Glynda: "Mr. Winchester please choose your last opponent" Cardin then point at me choosing me as his opponent.

Cardin: "I choose him Ms. Goodwitch" He then smirk looking all cocky.

Glynda: "Very well then Mr. L/n please go down here please for your match" I then nodded and stop by the 4 girls.

Ruby: "Y/n be careful"

Weiss: "Yeah you better be careful"

Blake: "You can do this"

Yang: "Punch him in the face Y/n"

I then smile at them and nodded. I then walked only for me to asked if I can ask Jaune if I can borrow his sword.

Y/n: "Oh yeah Jaune can I borrow your sword please?" He then looked at me with surprise.

Jaune: "Are you sure Y/n this guy is dangerous" I just nodded and said

Y/n: "Yes Jaune" I smile and he lends me his sword and surprisingly his sword is perfectly balanced. As I walked into the arena I heard other student saying

Student 1: "Is he serious fighting him with that sword"

Student 2: "I think he is?"

Student 3: " I bet my money on Cardin" 

3rd Pov

As Y/n continue going to the arena team RWBY was surprised that he used Jaune sword instead of his sword. Pyrrha then scoots in with Team RWBY.