❤Chapter Twenty Eight❤

Chapter Twenty Eight. 

Naomi P.O.V

"OW!" I cried, trying to scoot back into the wall.  Kevin had striked me over several times. Some on my arm, some on my leg. Even my face. I ran my finger over the welts forming, and swallowed. Please Lord, please make it stop. I silently pray,  a tear sliding down my cheek as I did so. 

I feel a tough hand on my chin, forcing my eyes to snap open. Kevin gave me a look of pure hatred, sqeezing my chin. I try to push his hand away, but he only squeezes tighter. It was no use, I couldn't remove his hand. I cried out in pain. 

"Please Kevin. Please stop. I'm so sorry--"

"You're not! You break people's hearts! And then expect them to forgive you! I'm not a Christian, Naomi. I'm never going to forgive you, even after you die." He spat, pushing my face away. He placed his hands behind his back, walking away. 

Another tear slid down my cheek. What did he mean 'When I die?' Was he planning on killing me? No! He would not kill me. I would not let him!

I slowly began to stand on my feet, my legs shaking. 

Kevin turned around, stopping in his tracks. 

"What do you think you're doing, Naomi."

"Standing, leaving." I stay, trying to walk past him. He grabbed my arm, forcing me to stop. 

"Kevin, let me go now. You will not kill me."

He laughed at this, so did his buddies, who happened to make themselves very comfortable on my couch. I scowled and looked away, hating the horrible scent of his breath. He smelled just like my father. Disgusting. 

"What is funny?" I demand, their laughs beginning to get under my skin. 

They all continued to laugh, angering me even more. 

I ask them what was so funny about it, but they just continue laughing.

That was it. 

I lifted my foot, and stomped on Kevin's as hard as I could. He yelled in pain, letting me go. I fell hard on the floor, hitting my head. Goodness, I really had a habit of hitting my head on things. 

I slowly got back up, wobbly and lightheaded. Kevin leaned on the couch, while holding his foot in pain. 

He really didn't look like himself. He had dark circles under his eyes, a small beard beginning to grow on his face. His eyes didn't look gray anymore, they looked gray. He hair was more longer than usual, something the old Kevin I knew years ago would have never let happen. He also looked like he'd lost more weight. Almost as if he just stopped eating altogether. 

A pang hit my heart and I looked away. No matter what a human does to me, I'd never want them to go through that type of depression. I wouldn't want anyone to go through depression at all. 

"What's wrong?" Kevin suddenly says. 

My eyes snap back to his face, and I was taken aback from the look of hatred over his face. Could he really hate me that much?

"Can't handle seeing what you did to me?" He spat coldly.

I only look at him, at loss for words.

"You did this to me, Naomi. You ruined my life. You left me hanging, and I can't let that go. You left me for Leroy, and I can't let that go either."

"What did you expect!?  Did you expect me to stay with a cheater?! Did you?! I have more respect for myself than to date someone who doesn't have respect for me. That wasn't how I was raised Kevin! You cheated on me, and you lost me. You have to understand that I couldn't just stay with someone who constantly hurt me. Who constantly made me feel as if I wasn't good enough. Who constantly broke my heart, yet I kept forgiving. You don't understand the hell you put me through!"