❤Chapter Twenty One❤

Chapter Twenty One.

Naomi P.O.V

"Sir, Miss. Please have a seat." The officer says, motioning over to the two chairs in front of his desk. Leroy and I had been trying to talk some sense into the man for over an hour now, he just wouldn't listen.

"No!" I say, refusing to sit. "We've given you the evidence that Kevin Tates has threatened us both! Twice! We gave you a note!"

He rolls his eyes rubbing a spot on his head, which had gone bald. He was a older man, who happened to be very tall. He wore a green polo shirt with a police jacket over, with black pants. He turns around, looking out the window, then back at us. I flinch, noticing his calm eyes were replaced by anger. He reminds me of someone, but I can't seem to think of who. I shake my head, pushing the thought away. 

"Look. I've told you that Mr. Tates, has rejected sending you two any note."

"And you believe him?" I say, walking closer to his desk. Kevin had been the king of lying. He did it rather smoothly, too. I stopped falling for his lies after a while, though. He was an unconscionable liar, and I hated it. I remember once asking him did he eat the rest of my dinner, as he sat on the couch drinking a Coke. 

"No." He'd said, angrily. I knew he was lying, no one else lived with me. "You're lying. No one else live's here. Try again. Did you eat the rest of my dinner?" After that, he'd gotten silent. I repeated the question, getting annoyed. 

"Naomi. I have my own food. No need to eat yours." Kevin said, annoyed. 

I'd glanced at my sink and frowned. "There's a plate in the sink with the sauce! The same sauce from my dinner!  It's not mine! Are you seriously going to lie to me? Just tell the truth!" I yelled, slamming the fridge door. After that, we'd argued a lot. I should have broke up with him then and there. 

"Yes. I do." The officer says, breaking me from my thoughts. I shake my head at him, standing right next to Leroy, who was equally annoyed with the situation. How can this officer be so blind? "Officer-"

"Bill. Call me Bill."

I give him a look and then shrug, saying his name. "Look, you told Leroy or one of your officers told Leroy, that he couldn't call until he got an actual threat. Well, this is an actual threat!" I say, finally sitting in one of the plastic chairs. I squirm uncomfortably noticing how hard the chair was. Leroy sits next to me, glaring at the officer, who was sending Leroy a glare right back. I shake my head, finger combing my hair.

"We don't know if it's Mr. Tate's handwriting, and-"

"It's his initials are at the bottom! How can you not see that! K.T!" Leroy says, clenching his teeth. I could tell he was getting more angry by the minute. A little vein on the left side of his head, was beginning to poke out. I bring my hand out and rest it on his, causing him to relax a little. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Jones," The officer begins, causing Leroy and I to blush. 

"We uh, aren't married." I say, blushing deeper and looking at my shoes. Leroy lets out a chuckle, before motioning with his hand for the officer to continue speaking.

"Well then! We could probably do some matching and see if the handwriting matches. Until then, I ask that you both be patient. I'm sure it's not even Mr. Tate's who sent you these."

"Aren't you going to send us protection?" I ask, my voice cracking a little. 

"Of course not! We are not to do something like that at this time."

"Why not?!" Leroy and I ask in unison.

"Long story, new rules being made. Something happened a few months ago and..." The officer says, looking at us rather awkwardly. "I think we're done here."