❤Chapter Nine❤

Chapter Nine.

I don't own the lyrics in this chapter.

*Naomi's POV*

I turn off the water faucet, smiling. I finally called the police and Kevin was arrested for what he did to me. They are going to be keeping a close watch on Melanie, Margret, Leroy and I just in case Kevin set something up. I slide on the navy blue dress with a white shawl on top. I'd invited Leroy a few days back, to my church. I glance at the clock. 8:30. Realizing I have to hurry, I slip on my blue high heeled shoes, some earrings, and then head out the door. I run to my garage and smile slightly. I hadn't used my car in a very long time, I'd been on foot for awhile. I needed to save gas because I didn't have money like that. Margret is already helping me with the house, I can barely afford to live in that house. I start the car and drive away. I get a text while I'm driving, but don't take a look until I stop at a traffic light. A text from Leroy. "Hi Naomi! I'm here! I'll be saving you a spot. :) God Bless.-Leroy at 8:41am" I smile quickly putting the phone away and driving again. 

When I get to church, it is extremely packed. More packed than it usually is. I glance at the podium where Pastor Locks is sitting. He smiles and waves at me, and I do the same. I scan the room to see if I can find Leroy, but he is no where to be found. Did he leave? I think to myself. I slowly walk farther in the church, to get a better look. Nope. No Leroy anywhere. I turn to a nearby seat and sit, hoping Leroy would show up soon. When he finally does, he looks so handsome. He has on a gray suit, white shirt underneath and a red tie. I smile at him, scooting over so he could sit down. "Sorry, I had to go use the bathroom." He whispers in my ear, causing me to shiver. "It's..It's fine!" I say, smiling. "You look beautiful." He says. I blush and nod. "Thank you, you do too." He looks at me. "I look beautiful? I wasn't really going for that." He says, chuckling a bit. I laugh. "Well, not beautiful. But you look..handsome! Yes handsome!" Why am I so nervous? He smiles and nods. "Thank you, Naomi." I was about to say something when one of the worship leaders spoke into the microphone. "Alright, we will start off the service with prayer as always." After the worship leader prays, we all begin to worship. The worship leaders begin to sing Holy by Jesus Culture. In only a few minutes, we all begin to get lost in worship. "Just one look on Your face. Just one glance of Your eyes. My whole world has changed. My whole world is changed. Oh I seek, only to see Your face. I don't wanna go anywhere, without You God, without Your presence" We all sing, praising the Lord. "The beauty of your Holiness God. Take me in to the holy place. And only one word comes to mine, there's only one word to describe. Holy, Holy. Lord God Almighty." We stand there, singing, worshipping. I can feel God's presence in this place, and I begin to smile. Worship is a very beautiful thing. After the worship leaders stop singing, the entire church is silently praising and worshipping God. Hands are lifted high, some people are on the ground worshipping. After worship, Pastor Locks stands next to the pulpit. He lifts his hands and thanks the Lord. "God Bless you all." He says. "God Bless." We say.  The pastor begins preaching about sex before marriage and how it isn't right. Some people squirm uncomfortably at the subject, others just pause. After he's done preaching, he prays us out, and church is over. Church was definitely something I needed. I was so happy and was very sad that it was over so soon. Leroy walks over to me and smiles. "I really like your church, and I think I would like to come some more." I smile. "That's great! I'm really happy." He grins. "So would you like to hang out today?" I think about this for a moment. I'd love to hang out with him, but maybe it's to early. I shake my head. "I don't think that's a good idea." I say. He frowns. "If you don't mind me asking, why do you say that?" I frown. I didn't really have a reason for saying this. Maybe because I'm scared that I'll get close to Leroy and he'll hurt me like Kevin did? No, no. I know he wouldn't hurt me, not like Kevin did. What if I did end up liking Leroy? That would certainly be a bad thing. He wouldn't like me back, anyway. I'm sure he's not looking for a girl like me, I am troubled. I would like to spend time with him though, he's a nice boy. I feel..complete around him. If I end up liking him, that's my own problem. "Never mind that, Leroy. I'd love to hang out with you." He looks at me for a moment. "Are you sure?" I nod. "I am. Where do you want to go?" He stands there for a moment and then smiles. "Do you know that field over by the walk way? On South street? Daisy's Field, I think they call it." I nod. "Yes!!" He nods. "Wanna go there? We could have a picnic." I blush. "That would be perfect."