❤Chapter One❤

My lovely cover was created by @GreasyPizza. Please check out her books. She is an excellent writer!!

Chapter One

Leroy P.O.V

Excitement filled my heart as I got ready for the night. Two weeks. I thought to myself. Just two more weeks until I become a changed, no, married man! Married to the most amazing woman in the world, Ruth Banks. I glanced out the window and saw that it was a full moon. The bright moon was peeking through the clouds as the wind blew. I smiled. Full moons always came out on a good night, and I knew this would be a good night.

I was about to shave when I get a text from my fiance, Ruth. "Leroy, we need to talk. I don't want to go out 2nite. Meet me at my house, this is important." I gulped and looked down at the checkered floor. What could I have done this time? Nothing, just nothing. We'd barely exchanged words at dinner a week ago, and I've been working. The woman had been ignoring my calls but that was okay, she was busy. I wouldn't hold it against her, ever.

My only hope is that she isn't upset. Usually when she wants to 'talk' she wants to put an end to something. I put the phone back in my pocket and grab my keys. Locking the door of my apartment, I rush down the flight of stairs out the door, I get in my dark blue car, and drive away. In the car, my mind is racing. What if this turns out to be another arguement? What if something bad happens? What if? I shake my head and push the thoughts away.

When I pull up to Ruth's house, she's outside on the steps. Her black hair is blowing in the wind. I park and get out of my car, my heart racing. "Ruth..is..is..everything-" "We need to talk." She says, cutting me off. I sit next to her and she looks at the sky, biting her lip. She takes a deep breath and then finally looks at me. "Leroy, I can't do this anymore. We just are not made for each other. When you kiss me, I feel nothing. Absolutely nothing. I lay in bed thinking at night, 'I can't be happy with this man.' I know you're a Christian and all, and that's great! I am too, but....I'm not a Jesus freak like you are. You're just way too religious for me, and I can't. I just can't do this anymore Leroy." She turns away from me and buries her face in her hands.

I can't even speak at first, I am way too shocked. I mean, Ruth and I did have our problems and all but she said she'd love me anyway. I loved her, and for her to say these things to me..it hurts. It definitely hurts. "I'm sorry, Leroy." she says, her face still buried. I swallow and look at her, finally working up the nerve to talk. "Ruth, I love you. Please don't give up, we...we..-" "We what, Leroy?" She says, cutting me off again. "I can't do this." She mumbles. "Okay Ruth," I say pulling her face out of her hands and cupping it. "Tell me to my face, that you don't love me. Tell me you have no feelings, for me." She looked at me for a long time. "Leroy Jones," She said finally, shaking her head. "I Ruth Banks, have absolutely no feelings for you at all. I don't love you, I don't think I ever did." At that moment, my heart dropped.

She moved her head out of my hands and scooted away from me slightly. I don't think I've ever let a tear fall in front of a girl, but tonight..I did. This was the woman I loved! The woman I wanted to be the mother of my child! Why was this happening?! "Ruth please! You don't mean that! I love you! I love you more than anythi-" "You don't love me more than God, Leroy!" She cut. "I don't love anyone more than God! God will always be first! Why can't you just understand that, Ruth?! Why? Why are you doing this to me?" I grabbed her hand and she pulled it away. "I do understand Leroy." She said getting up, I did the same.

"I understand perfectly that God will always be before me." She looked away in disgust. "Good luck on life, Leroy." She walked away and I grabbed her arm again. She tried to pull away but I continued to hold on. She finally looked at me. "I love you, Ruth. Please.." I said. She looked away, a tear falling from her eyes. She shook her head. "Leroy please don't make this harder than it needs to be." We glanced over and saw an old couple looking at us, I didn't care. I turned back to her. "Ruth..why? Why the sudden change?" She sighed loudly. "This isn't sudden, I've felt like this for a long time." I looked at her, her face emotionless. She looked at me, and then looked at the ground. "Goodbye, Leroy."