Chapter Two: Bind You In a Rope Tight

My arm started to bruise as her grip dug into it. Damn, when did she get so strong? Those boxing lessons were definitely paying off since she managed to drag me into the living room as if I were a sack of potatoes. I barely caught Jayy's apprehensive gaze before the door closed behind us.

When we were out of sight, she finally released my arm, making me wince and rub it with my other hand. I looked up with a scowl, getting ready to ask her was her sudden deal was, but her grin made me stop with a raised eyebrow, "what? Why are you grinning like you're going to kill something? Is it me? At least give me a ten second head-start."

She rolled her eyes, smile still glued to her as she playfully punched my shoulder, making me ponder for a second on if it were broken or not, "shut up! Who's the homeless looking cutie?"

I frowned. I knew her description wasn't very far off, Jayy did look like he just went through a garbage disposal and slept in trash for a few days. I sighed and shook my head, dropping my hand from my arm, "that's actually a good question. I don't know, which is why we shouldn't be letting a stranger in my house unattended."

She tilted her head, her smile finally going into a look of confusion, "but wait, if you don't know him, then why - " she gasped suddenly, making me blink at her, "oh my God, you hired a sex slave!"

My eyes widened as I stuttered, "what?! No! He's just - we aren't - there's no way --"

She grinned, her eyes matching the teasing along with it, "damn, Dahv. Where'd you get him? A friend? Craigslist? A lot of weird shit goes down on that site --"

Flushing, I reached over and clamped my hand over her mouth, her razzing being muffled before she quieted completely, staring at me smugly, "idiot! It's not like that! Just shut up and let me explain later. Jeez, you're a perv,"

She slapped my hand away and shrugged, "says the one with the sex slave,"

I ignored her, not paying attention to the warmth of my ears as I grabber her, making her yelp in between the laughter she directed at my state. She glared but I smiled, pushing open the door back to the staircase area. Jayy was right where he was before, gazing intently at the small decorative wall scrolls with those cheesy 'home is where the heart is' poems my mom bought as a homecoming gift.

I tilted my head at him. He looked so focused. As if he were trying to solve a puzzle or break a code. Sarah looked at me in question when I let go of her, slowly approaching him. He didn't look at me as I spoke, "ah, do you like to read?"

He shrugged, his gaze still fixed on the wall, "I don't know how too,"

Now that was a bolt from the blue. I blinked and stared at him. There was no law against teaching slaves on how to do so, nor was it prohibited for them to get an education. I just assumed that all owners allowed their slaves to get one. At least, I would. I wouldn't want an unintelligent worker.

"Why?"

Another lift of his shoulders, "my mother was going to teach me herself, but things happened."

Debating on asking what he meant, Sarah suddenly materialized beside me, a look of comprehension on her face, "wait a second,"

Both of us turned to her, and recognition visibly slapped her in the face, making her eyes widen, "Jayy, you're a government slave??"

He didn't even blink, "yes."

She stared at him for a few more seconds before leaning back and crossing her arms in a convincing manner, "I so knew that." 

I rolled my eyes at her, "okay, yeah, sure you did," I turned back towards Jayy, "anyways, since I uh, own you, I guess you'll be staying here," I didn't wait for his reaction as I grabbed his hand and headed towards the staircase, almost dragging him, "c'mon, I'll take you to your room."