As Of Now Chapter 5: Don't Let Me Fall

I sat on the couch with Dawn, doing homework like usual.

"Ate, magkateam daw tayo." She perked up from her textbook and smiled up at me. "Sa wakas, hindi na namin kukuhanan ng bawat isa sa mga performances niyo." Dad chuckled.

I've been thinking about a fresh start this year, so I figured, why not start with the Intrams? "H-hey Dawn," It was a bit awkward talking about these kinds of stuff with Dawn, she was always the one that outshines all of us in the family. What with her staying in ballet and gym while I quited those extra workouts out when I entered high school, she became better and more prettier, of course. "Sa tingin mo ba pwede ako mag-dancer sa team natin this year?" I gave her a nervous look and set my pen down, waiting for an answer from Dawn.

"Wow, magta-try out ka na this year?" She beamed at me, scooting closer to my side of the couch with a wide smile on her face to give me a hug, "Yes, yes, yes! Ang galing galing mo tapos palagi ka lang extra? And now, dancer ka na din!" Dawn muffled onto my shoulder.

"Ayoko na kasing palagi na lang akong extra sa likod. I wanna start fresh this year." I smoothened her perfectly straight dark hair in place as I soothed the girly best.

"Para naman makita beauty mo." Mom tilted my chin and gave me a little smile, showing her pearly whites.

Mom was so blunt when it comes to compliments, guess she was that nice to people. Dawn let go of me and gave a few tips about being a dancer and what Ms. Audrey told them about the special role. I'm sure I can make this work, I just know I can.

Besides, it'll earn me some points from both Matthew and Leigh. Let's see if she'll ridicule me now. 

And I can always count on Dawn for support, seeing how close we are as sisters.

It was already 6:30 in the evening when Dawn decided to pack up her things and head upstairs. I was only halfway through homework and the aroma of mom cooking dinner wasn't helping me, I was getting hungrier by the minute. I quickly finished the last of my homework and and rearranged the things inside my bag to trash out the unnecessary items. I went upstairs, closing my bag and slinging it onto my shoulder. I can already hear Dawn's phone signaling a message, so I decided to do the same as well when I got to my room.  

To: Carol :)

Heyy, sa tingin mo pwede akong magdancer sa Intrams natin?

Setting my bag down I crashed into my bed, scrolling through networks on my phone. The song, Stereo Hearts, started playing as my ringtone and I picked up, "Hello?" 

"Magiging dancer ka din? Sabay na tayo!" Carol shouted from the other side of the phone.

"Hi too, Carol."

"Hi Camille!" I can practically hear her smile from the other end.

"Soo, is that a yes? Kasi medyo unsure pa ako sa pagiging dancer." It's true, I was unsure no matter how much I chanted, 'I can do this', in my head.

"Of course. So what made you think that?"

"Kasi gusto ni Dawn magkasama kami."

"Tsaka baka magkapoints ka kay Matthew... Ayie!" Carol's teasing echoed through her room, as I heard it.

"Tumigil ka nga, rinig na rinig ka sa buong kwarto ko!" I laughed at the end, ending the call because mom called us for dinner.

I felt my expectations soar high tonight. What if we share a dance then? But I doubt we'll have a sweet moment together, not at the Intrams. But my mind wouldn't shut up.