As Of Now Chapter 13: The Agreement

*Just a friendly reminder that the following chapters will be in English. I'll make time to fix all the chapters of this story into the same language.*

"How do you say .." I started off with a smile, slowly tilting my head as the sentence progresses, "Di ka pa makamove-on sa ex mo?" I let out a sigh, I can't believe I said that out loud. It hurts even more than the past days I realized it.

I can see Carol's expression soften, Demitri paying attention to what I had to say, and Matthew still resting his head on his arms, crossed. I stared at nothing but my hands, trying to cover them with the sweater I was wearing. "Tapos nagkabungguan kayo, literally, last Saturday at tinanong ka niya kamusta ka na?" My brows involuntary furrowed, tears stinging the lower corner of my lids. 

"Nagkabungguan kayo .. Literally?" Carol uncredulously asked,

"Whoa." Demitri whistled.

Matthew's brows furrowed slightly, his eyes flashing with concern. I honestly didn't care what he felt, he messed me up just the same as Cortez.

"Tapos kinausap mo siya, saying you're just fine. Kinamusta mo rin siya, tapos may bago na siya." 

Tapos may bago na siya. It felt bittersweet, hearing that from my own mouth, with my own voice. I even surprised myself again, how pathetic of me.

"Aww, Camille." Carol cooed as she lifted a hand to my hair, smoothing it out more. 

"Sino ba yung lalaking yun? Dali Matthew, hanapin natin tas isahan natin." Demitri demanded almost seriously. He treated me as a close friend, maybe even his own sister and I love him just the same, as a really close friend. I looked over at Matthew to see his reaction to Demitri's comment. 

I noticed that he's already up, ready to leave. 

'Fine, leave if you want. I don't care.' 

Being the brat I am and not showing any sign of caring for his actions, I crossed my arms once again and buried my head on them. Carol and Demitri shifted closer, telling me it's alright. Demitri called me stupid but I know how idiotic I am for making such a fuss over Cortez. 

"Ano na ginagawa niya?" "Sino yung g***ng yun?" 

Demitri cussing made me cheer up a bit. And it sorta did me good especially because he cussed to describe my piece of shizz ex-boyfriend. Now I silently pleaded they'd call him more bad names.

"W-wala lang yun. A-ano, lal-lake lang siya--" I got cut of by two strong arms pulling me in, their warmth crashing down on me like a safety blanket.

I have no idea what to do.

Should I lift my head from my arms to see who it was?

Should I hug back?

Should I let the tears spill now?

Should I just lean my head on the warm body of this person giving me so much comfort in this moment, my time of vulnerability?

"Kung kilala ko yun, babasagin ko mukha nun. Pero baka magalit ka lang sa'kin. So wag na lang." I didn't need to know who this person was. He was the guy that stared at my eyes even if they were cloudy and hazy from crying and always trying to sleep. He's the guy that was beyond my expectations. He's the guy who became an escort several times and was the captain of the basketball team in one of his previous games but still remained down to earth. 

"Matt, wag mo namang basagin ang mukha ng ex ko. Naaawa naman ako sa bago niya, hindi na sila pareho panget." I tried to joke about it, willingly rtying to cheer everyone up. Few chuckles came from Carol and Demitri in front of me, but I know they were snickering on our hug, still going on by the way.