As Of Now Chapter 2: Few Moments Away From Happiness

The buzz on about the new class seating was being too loud for me. Seriously, those girls I met on the first week of classes named Nikki, Leigh and Thalia-popular, perfect girls-keep on bothering me with that certain topic. Even threatening me that I'm gonna lose Matthew. And why did that just sound so incredibly scary in my head? I don't know how the past three months flew by so fast, I didn't even realize how badly I wanted to be right next to Matthew all the time, now I'm feeling sad about him moving to some other chair-probably far away from mine.

"Aww, cheer up. Imposibleng malimot na lang siya sa'yo after naghiwalay kayo ng pwesto. Besides, close kayo, babalik-balikan ka ni Matt for sure." Carol gave me a smile. She became my friend after me and Matt got close, Matt and Carol are long-time close friends since the third grade but they weren't so close to have feelings of affection for each other, thank God.

We became freinds when the Math teacher started talking about the basics of algebra, 'When you bring two factors together, there shall become another.' As dirtyminded as that sounded, it was pretty funny to people like us who were a bit tipsy in general.

"Kahit ngayon na pinagiisipan ko nakakadepress." sabi ko.

"Cami, alam mo mas maganda na ngiti ka ng ngiti kaysa sa palaging nakasimangot. Besides, kapag nakasimangot ka, baka ma-affected siya. Tanungin ka kung bakit ka ganyan. And what would you say?" she cocked an eyebrow at me, looking at me really hard as she waited for my answer. I'm sure she's feeling really victorious now that I sighed in defeat.

You see that, Camille? A little lecture from Carol. This is what happens when I vent out my emotions to people who are experts at these sorts of things. Maybe it's the way I learn if I'm actually falling for someone, I lose track of my brain, somehow in the midst of thought then it pops away, leaving me with a dumbfounded expression like I had been knocked out by a baseball bat.

"Class, announcement. Maganda si Shamcey," The class let out low chuckles on Sir Richard's little joke, "Bakit? Totoo naman ah!" tawanan lahat, akala pa naman namin seryoso.

Sir Richard continued "So mamaya na ang,"

"Walang Hanggan. Ano ba class! Seryoso! Mamaya nga! Sige, seryoso na. Later I'm going to assign your new seating arrangements." Sa wakas, naseryoso kami ni Sir.

Nagtinginan kami ni Matthew.

"Awww," He gave me a little puppy look, "Bye." he patted my shoulder and gave me a small smile. I covered up my disappointment with a laugh, "Geh, bye." Swinging my arm around his neck, I hugged him and he did the same. I never knew how much lying hurts until that piercing feeling kicks in. Like something sharp is slowly pricking the middle of your palm and all you can do is grip something so tight to make it stop.

Everybody was asked to form a line outside the room for the new class seating. The room was clean and everyone's stuff was on the floor, near their old seat, I mean. I honestly don't care where I'm seated, that one thing bugging is that Matthew's not gonna be close to me anymore and I wouldn't get the time to be with him like always. Not that we were together, but I'm developing this crush on him that I can't seem to shake off.

And what if he just so happens to end up with those gorgeous girls I mentioned before? Thalia has half Latina blood in her veins, she's special unlike me. Nikki is an outgoing spirit with attitude, he'd be happy with her, not as happy as he would be with me. Finally there's Leigh, the prettiest in class. She'd be perfect for him, he's handsome and funny and charming. And then Leigh's all pretty and classy and she gets along with almost everyone. What am I? I'm just the new girl.

So there he was, next to a guy named Ian, thank goodness. Now, because I was looking through the window to see where Matthew is, I didn't know I was moving my legs to the door, where our teacher would assign us. "Camille, you sit next to Tyson. Sorry kung hindi siya si Matthew, okay lang ba?" Sir Richard smirked at me and led me inside the room.