Drowned in Red

We left the Veil after that, Arya and I seemed to only have each other, but even then I knew she wanted to go across the narrow sea and I knew she didn't want to stay with Sandor, but I did. The rocky hillsides just beyond the Veil is where we had stopped. Arya and I were practicing, she had needle and I was blocking her with a stick. The noise of rock moving, people walking was easy to hear. It echoed and the person was wearing armour, easy to hear armour against rock. Arya and I stopped, both calling to Sandor, our eyes never leaving the big woman who approached us. She stood almost as tall as Sandor, dressed in full armour and had bright blonde hair.

"Morning" she called out to Arya and I, we stood defensively, even if she seemed kind.

"Morning" I said back after inspecting her more, she had a young man with her, a squire, with dark hair and eyes, he stumbled about the rocks.

"I like your sword" she nodded at Arya, "are we getting close to the Bloody gate?" she asks.

"About 10 more miles" Arya answers this time.

The woman huffs, turning to her squire as he carries bags over his shoulders, "Hear that Podrick only 10 more miles to the Bloody gates", the boy and Podrick sighs, it's not a close distance, not with what he is carrying.

"Are you a knight?" Arya asks, lowing her sword.

"No" the woman says.

"But you know how to use that sword" Arya spoke with the woman.

I found myself watching the squire, he seemed familiar, and he was watching me in the same way like he was trying to figure out how he knew me.

Arya walked forward and asked the Lady if her sword had a name and shared the name of Needle in return.

Arya seemed to bonding with the Lady, talking of how she was taught to fight, that was what Arya always wanted to be.

Sandor stepped out from behind the rocks then, doing up his belts, walking and halting at my side.

"Seven blessings" The woman greets Sandor, still seeming friendly enough.

"Im Brienne of Tarth, that's Podrick Payne" She introduced them both properly.

I watched as Podrick had the look of revelation on his face slowly letting the bags he carried fall to the ground.

"That's Sandor Clegane" he spoke, "The Hound".

Brienne's face fell as Podrick continued, "She must be Roanna Stark..or Clegane, he took her after the battle of the Black water".

Brienne looks at me then her face looks to Arya watching her as she walks to the other side of Sandor and I, "You're Arya Stark".

"Do you want something?" Sandor asks hands ready on his sword.

Brienne ignores him, solely speaking to us, "I swore to your mother I would bring you home to her".

"Our Mother's dead, most all our family is dead" I said to her.

"I know I wish I could have been their to protect her" Brienne spoke walking closer.

"You're not a northerner" Arya shook her head at Brienne.

"I swore I sacred vow to protect you both" Brienne said, still progressing closer.

"You're paid by the Lannisters" Sandor spoke.

"I'm not paid by the Lannisters" Brienne says looking at Sandor for the first time.

"No? Fancy sword you got there" Sandor says to Brienne walking closer so he is standing in front of her, "i've been looking at Lannister gold my whole life".