what else do you need to explain?

The more time I spent with Ji-Hoo, the more I forgot about all the bad memories. He brought me to more places, and we even went out earlier so we would have more time to spend together. Right now I was going out alone, telling him that I needed some time to myself. The week was fun, but it was time to go back to reality. I slid on my boots and fixed my scarf and hat. I went out the door and walked the park path alone. I breathed in the snowy winter air and sighed. I looked around when I decided to sit on the swing. I sat steadily and hugged the chains. They always gave my hands a weird smell, but holding them made me feel safe; even if I wasn't swinging on them. Suddenly someone started to rock me. I figured it was Ji-Hoo.

"Is watching me a habit of yours now?" I turned around with a smile on my face, but it quickly dropped to the ground. My heart stopped and I let go of the chains.

"Yi-Jeong." I fell flat on my butt into the sand of the swing area. I stared at the ground and my hands. Yi-Jeong raced to my side and tried to help me up. I shook out of his grip and stared down at him as he remained crouching on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" It came out more of a demand than a question. My breath came out foggy followed by a sigh. Tears threatened to fall. He stood up and bit his lip, out of anxiety I supposed.

"We need to talk." I scowled at him and fixed my hat.

"No we don't." I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist. It became difficult to hold back my tears as my breathing was staggered and uneasy. I turned to him, hot tears gathering in my eye.

"Yi-Jeong." I said venomously.

"So-Young." He whispered, like he was about to break into tears too.

"I love you."

My body felt numb. He hugged me and I let him. He pressed my head into his chest further. I felt the same warmth as when I was with him before. I wanted to wrap my arms around him but my mind stopped me. I sobbed and let him rub my back.

"Please let me explain. Forgive me," He whispered in my hair. I clenched my teeth and grabbed his shirt.

"You don't love me." I muttered. He looked at me and held my shoulders.

"Because if you did, I wouldn't be crying."

"If you did," I paused and stared at him. "I wouldn't have regretted kissing you."

He stopped and let go out my shoulders gently. I stared as he soaked in the information.

"Kiss?" He spoke in broken English. I nodded slowly.

"So-Young!" A distant voice yelled. We both turned our heads and spotted a familiar someone. I bit the inside of my lip. Ji-Hoo ran over to me and fixed my hair, wiping my tears that I hadn't bothered to discard. My cheeks were red as he enveloped me in warmth. He looked toward Yi-Jeong and stared at him as if he just killed someone. My hands remained out of their pockets.

"You've already hurt her. Why bother showing up again to just make her cry?" Ji-Hoo said as he stood in front of me, hand gripping mine tightly. Yi-Jeong's tears had already flowed down, his eyes red and puffy. He struggled to talk as he looked everywhere but him.

"Don't talk to me like you hadn't hurt her too." He said through his tears. He sucked up his sadness and put on an intimidating look and continued.

"You hurt her more than I did."

"If you think that, then you've been really messed up these past couple days, Yi-Jeong."

I pulled on Ji-Hoo's sleeve. He looked to me then back at Yi-Jeong. He hugged me tightly to his body and we were off to his motorcycle. I looked back and saw that Yi-Jeong remained staring at the ground where we once were. I slowly turned back forward and sat on the motorcycle. I put on the white helmet and hugged Ji-Hoo's torso like my life depended on it.

"Yi-Jeong." I whispered.

He was then out of sight.

I was at work the next day. Before I went I promised myself I wouldn't start breaking down like last time, so Ga Eul and Jan-di wouldn't worry. I walked in wearing a pink sweater and gray skirt. I had yet again another white collar shirt under my sweater and black tights. I also wore a pair of white heeled flats with gold buckles at the ankles. I walked in and greeted them all. I put on my apron and pulled my hair behind my ear. I began setting up the tables and placing each napkin holder in the exact place. Ga Eul and Jan-di followed me as I kept calm. But inside, I felt like a grenade waiting to be set off. I finished and walked passed them, greeting the customer.

"Hello. Please, sit wherever you like." I said politely.

"Ga Eul. Please take their order." She nodded after a short while and asked what they wanted. I handed her a towel.

"Wipe down the tables in the corner. I haven't got to them yet," I said. She hesitantly took the towel and went to the other side of the room. I took the paper from Ga Eul and gave it to master. He nodded and looked at me strange. I managed a smile and leaned on the serving counter.

"So-Young. . ." Ga Eul whispered.

"Yes Ga Eul?" I asked, turning to her. She slowly raised her finger to the people that were seated at the table.

"Do you realize who sat down?" I looked toward the customers and saw it was Woo-Bin and Jun-Pyo. Even out of the four, I wouldn't expect those two to be together. Woo-Bin waved, and I waved back.

I already knew they wanted to talk about what happened yesterday.

I stepped out of the restaurant with them. I thanked them first and waited before they said something.

"We want to talk about the thing between you and Yi-Jeong."

"I figured."

"We didn't think something like this would happen, and we're really sorry this is happening to you." Woo-Bin started.

"We think it's best just to not worry about them right now." I nodded slowly and stared at the ground. Jun-Pyo shook my shoulder gently with encouragement. I looked up.

"We never approved of a girl like this, so I guess you're the first one. You can get through this. And if those idiots start fighting tell us, okay?" I nodded with a slight smile as Woo-Bin smiled. They walked to the car after saying goodbye and I waved as they drove off. I sighed and went back into the shop. I smiled weakly at Jan-di and Ga Eul.

"Are you okay?" Jan-di asked with concern. I looked to her, being grateful they've put up with my emotional act even until now.

"You don't have to worry about me," I said as I hugged them both.

"I said I wouldn't let them break my heart, didn't I?" I said. They hugged me back and I closed my eyes.

Didn't I?