I promise(final)

"oooooh Willlllll I'm so getting this for your Christmas present!" Nico promised "shit I mean-I'm so.../not/ getting this for your Christmas present" Nico said, trying to play it off.

Will chuckled lightly "don't worry, promise I'll act surprised" he says as Nico puts a pair of hufflepuff sweats in his already very full basket. 

They walked out of the store shortly after, arms linked as they walk towards the bookstore. "I can't believe they're gonna tear this mall down.." Nico mumbled
"I know right! it had like-the best stuff in it!"
"exactly" Nico agreed, "hey Will?"
"uh..yeah?"
"could you put this on me?" Nico asked, holding up a thin choker.
"uh yeah sure" Will took it, unhooking the clasp and then pushing Nico's grown out hair to the side, Will put it on Nico delicately, and paused
"you done yet?" Nico sounded a little impatient, 
"yeah-but do you have a hair tie?"
"yeah sure-why?"
"just gimme it"
"okay..?' Nico said awkwardly as he handed Will the black pony tail. Will put a portion of Nico's hair up, exposing the pale skin on Nico's neck. Will admired how neat he put it up. 

"uh...Will?"
"mhm? yeah sunshine?"
"someone's..someone's staring at us,"
"let them, darling,"
"I-okay" 

Will looked up, a little girl at quite a young age looked in awe as she smiled, her mother trying to draw her attention away from the couple. 

Nico was infuriated, "hey kid!" Nico called out to the girl, she turned, "love whoever you want" he said, pulling WIll by his jacket and kissing him quick "be a girl, boy or whatever!' 

a wide smile pulled across her lips, her mother's jaw dropped, as she rushed her daughter away like she was afraid their gay plague was contagious. 

"Will..did-did you see her smile"
"I did...you did good hun"
Nico smiled proudly. "I hope that little girl grows up to be a pansexual girlfriend" he said smiling
"me too" Will said, smiling just as wide

-

"hey Nico..?"
"uh...yeah Will?"
"do..do you ever think about the future?"
"ah..not really, I guess I'm more of a live in the moment kind of guy"
"oh.."
"but your not" Will added with a smirk. "you like a plan-something you can follow to a T. No complications or flexability" he teases
"and you like no plan whatso ever." Nico shot back "a go with the flow surfer jock."
"Yup that's me"
"who's an annoying piece of shit"
"oohhh that's me~"

"and is all too beautiful"
"mhm"
"and I love him so much" Nico said, getting on his tip toes to kiss Will's cheek, Will smiled fondly, thinking about the small box in his coat pocket..what was he going to say? what was Nico going to say? he was acting too much like Nico-just go with the flow Will..he thought to himself.  But he was too nervous for that. 

"uh..you okay Will?"
"hm-yeah?"
"you were just..staring off into space.."
"oh..I was just admiring your gorgeous beauty darlin'"
Nico went red in the face, pushing Will away. 

"Willlll" Conner yelped from a way away. "come over to my houuuseeee with meee"
"what?-why?"
"Jack suggested it, Nico can come too.." he said, smiling like a doofus.

"You drunk Conner?" Nico asks, 100% serious

"on love maybe~" he said dreamily as Jack came in, 

Will turned his head to the side, it wasn't anything new for Conner to show up with a new boyfriend every other month, Conner never seemed serious, but the way Conner looked at Jack..

-

the pairs of boys walked back to the car, discussing the night to come, until Conner had squeaked; "dammit Jack! stop squeezing my ass!"

naturally this made Nico very uncomfortable, whereas Will smirked a little bit, curious of what reaction he'd get if he did that to Nico. 

"Will!" Nico squeaked, as his hand had been on the back of Nico's firm as heck ass, in his jean pocket while they were in the parking lot. "yes?" Will said innocently 
'oh fuck you.." he muttered
"maybe later" he joked, pecking Nico on the cheek and getting in the  car. 

-

Conner tapped his hands on the steering wheel as he drove, totally not watching as Nico had fallen asleep on Will's shoulder and was admiring how cute it was. 

"Conner, eyes on the road" Jack prompted, pointing forward "stalk them when you're not driving you dumb fuck." 

he rolled his eyes but did as told, everything was quiet, there was a tense atmosphere. 

"guys, we're here" Conner said as he got out of the car, walking over to Jack's side as his boyfriend got out himself. 

Will got out as he held Nico bridal style, Nico with his arms loosely around Will as Conner led them in. 

"awww" Conner cooed at the sight, as Jack took his hand and they walked up the steps, Conner letting them all into an empty house. "Travis is a away at college.." Conner reminded them

"oh-right" Will mumbled, shifting Nico around.

"ah...wanna put him on the couch..?"
"no...he get's nightmares that way.."
'oh..ah okay" 

Will sat on the couch, still cradling Nico tight, as soon as Nico wakes up I'll do it. he promised himself. 

-

"Will?" Nico asked, yawning

"uhh..yeah?" Will said, it was just them as Will shooed Conner and Jack away after they'd started hooking up in the hallway. 

"what time is it?'
"late?' he guesses with a chuckle "hey...Nico? I need to ask you something.."
"ah-okay, shoot,"
"I um-do-do you love me?'
"of course Will,"
"and..do-do you want to-to stay together forever, get married and adopt children and live together?"
"yes..?" Nico said, unsure what he was getting himself into.
"can we make this promise..official?" Will asked, pulling his promise ring free from his pocket as he handed Nico the small velvet box. 

"W-Will?" Nico said, tearing up "a-are you s-sure?"
"I've never been more certain about anything in my life"
"o-okay-then-then yes! I love you!" Nico said, overwhelming WIll in a hug, throwing him off the couch, his legs in the air with Nico on top of him, Nico kissed Will passionately, because, while they were not perfect-far from it really-but this was their definition of perfect-and that's all that mattered. 

fin~