Chapter 25: Of the Stars and Time

It had been hours since his reawakening, and even then, they still pestered him for answers, for information, and for a way out of this bloody hole that trapped them in a sea of curiosity.

"I don't know, for shadow's sake!" He exclaimed for what was the umpteenth time, shaking his head as he glared at Katelyn and Fendrel with red eyes. "You can keep asking, but by the stars, I don't know anything!"

"It's sim..."

He released a gigantic sigh of what was possibly relief when Seraith interjected between their little debacle,"Leave him be, humans. He has had enough."

"But this just doesn't make sense!" Fendrel retorted, scratching his head, the fingers flowing through his black hair. Katelyn agreed with him, nodding. "He died for a month, dragon, and now he's just alive!"

"Just be thankful that it happened," Seraith, the azure dragon of the skies asserted, growling a resolute punctuationg. Her eyes were as narrowed as Althalos's own. "I have name too, Fendrel, and it is Seraith."

"Don't you want to know what happened, Seraith?" Katelyn drawled out, words coming out of her throat as she put a noticeable emphasis on the dragon's name alone, eliciting another growl from her.

"The boy said he doesn't know, is that not enough? He does not knoow, so do not pester him!"

Not only was Althalos thinking of the sudden protectiveness Seraith had for him, for her tail was quite literally cutting off the circulation of his legs, but he was also greatly thankful of her timely intervention. He knew that he would've gone mad with the repetitive questions that were thrown at him continuously, when he had only one answer.

"I don't believe such things!"! Katelyn revealed, vigorously shaking her head, locks of golden hair flying in all directions. Althalos's mood soured even further as he saw Fendrel nod his head in agreement. "He may just be hiding it from us!"

Althalos checked to see if any were disturbed by their noise, but thankfully, only the Nightwalkers were roused from their sleep, that Althalos still can't believe, looking annoyed, but eventually slept again, as eager for slumber as the others, demons they may be.

"If he is, then wait for him to reveal it," Seraith answered, baring her teeth in a frightening display of shining knives. "Do not pester him any further, or I will burn you all."

They released a sigh they've held up long enough, clearly wanting the answer, but knowing that they'll get nowhere when it was rather clear he knew next to nothing.

They also wouldn't want to try the dragon's patience, and her patience was as thin as fiber in the first place.

"Rest, for come morn, you and Althalos would have a mission to act upon," Seraith said in her rock-like voice. She turned her head to Althalos, opening her maw, where a trickle of smoke drifted through the air as she added,"I'd recommend you sleep too, past events irrelevant."

He shook his head, running a hand down his face as he sighed. "No. I think I've had my fair share of slumber, however soothing it feels."

"So be it," Seraith answered. "Someone to keep me company then!"

A rugged laughter later, and then Fendrel and the Katelyn went to their cots, defeat showing in their postures, and on the unsatisfied scowls in their faces.

"Someone to keep me company?" Althalos repeated her earlier statement, looking at the blue dragon. "Are you planning to stay up all night?"

Before Seraith had a chance to offer a good rebuttal, Althalos added as an afterthought. "Again?"