Chapter 24: Arise, Son of Void

"Brom?"

"Brom?"

"Brom!"

Voices, all around him, it said his name, it shouted it, and yet, it was but a whisper as it reached his ears.

You are Althalos, boy.

Now, some voice, a darker one, a deeper and harsh one, it commanded him in his head, as if it was his mere consciousness berating him.

'"Althalos! Brom! Damn it, don't die!"

Might I ask, little mortal, on how you almost died?

He did not know why, but a touch of fear spread from his chest to his whole system as the voice in his mind got noticeably low, almost a growl. The shivers travelled up his spine, as if it was slowly crumbling before this one's voice, his mere voice, for it was unmistakably a man.

I'll ask again. Why did you just drop dead, and now, you arise as one of the living.

What? He asked, wishing for an answer, a sign that he really was alive, but none came from this voice but another command.

Arise, son of Void, or I shall force you!

So-son of void? Even his own thoughts became a mess as he tried to grasp things with the minuscule control he had.

A laughter. That was all he got as a response, up until he felt himself pulled up.

But no hands were touching him, nobody was helping him up.

His own body just moved on its own will, his legs being straight up, and his hands on his sides. His red eyes were locked tighter than a miser's little purse, and yet, his body shakes from the tremors racking his soul, from the ripples bursting from within his mind, and his lips parted wide to echo out a scream of unimaginable torment.

I warned you. A mocking tone coated his words as they echoed from within his mind, disturbed by the ripples of destruction causing more tumult than what was wanted, than what was needed.

With his lips parted, another string of words emanated out of his throat, saying,"Stop! Please!"

It seemed as if the only thing he had complete control of was his throat, and his lips, but that too was taken away from him, his own soul completely robbed.

Wh... what are you? He asked, not knowing this voice from within that wrecked him, that brought him to his knees with the mere voice that escaped out of its throat.

Your lord and master, boy. Now, arise, son of Void!

He had no idea.

I have a master? A lord?

No answer.

"Son of Void?"

"What?"

"Can you hear me!?"

"Awaken!"

Now, now there were people;people shouting at him, ordering him, asking him, and begging him. He too had no idea what a "son of Void" is.

Oh, but of course I can hear you.

Talk, you dumb ass. They cannot hear your thoughts. Only me, your rightful lord.

His heart thudded as an icy feeling settled, enclosing his heart in an embrace of cold death, but as usual, the slave answers to his master, so he replied with,"Of course, my Lord."