Chapter 22: Truths Revealed

Fate lays out your path.

"Morgana wants me to die!" He fought with them. "I am the spawn of Merec! And I am the Champion of Merec!"

Then, he lost all his will when his body started to shake badly, as if preparing to explode in itself, a grim description, but still true nonetheless.

"Wh-what are you... doing?" He asked, barely able to finish off a sentence without quivering and shaking.

Be purged, the son of Void!

In a moment of extreme slowness, his bones slowly started to crack, and he screamed in agony as white objects started to jut out of his arms, his legs, and if such horrors weren't enough, it began to protrude out of his neck, tearing into his skin, drawing blood, drawing screams, but most of all, drawing more pain to the already burdened Althalos Fendrelsson.

So much pain he could not even bear, no discernible speech passed through his lips. His bones continued their own horrific processes, breaking and shattering under some unknown weight that brought him to no end of pain.

Stop it, please! He could not even think clearly, as they, these bastards, seemed content to break his bones, and finally, break his will.

A cleanse.

A purging!

"Stop it!" He used the last ounce of his strength to wheeze out, collapsing on the dark floor of this nothingness, only causing more pain. A final scream of unimaginable torment escaped his red cracked lips, before it too was shut by these people.

Why...

He knew not.

You are plagued! We are the medicine!

Damn you all!

Damn us?

Why?

We are the medicine?

Yes...

The medicine for the plague that shakes the bones of your bodies!

Even under this invisible bind that shut his lips tightly, he still struggled to let it all out, and scream into the black heavens, chanelling all of his pain as a pool of red started to form. White objects jutted out like deformed branches on some strange tree. Struggles and pathetic forms of moans and groans managed to slip past the tight binding, but he did not stop, if only because it was the only means of escape from this everlasting torment.

Heal him...

He thought it was all done.

Oh, how foolish he was...

With those two words, the bones started to force themselves back to where they were, cutting through skin and muscles, nerves and veins, cracking again just for a way to mend themselves. He squirmed like a maggot, shaking and struggling against the bind that shut his mouth, and he frantically shook his head left and right, the pool of blood he laid in growing considerably.

Please. Stop it!

Does the young Champion know now of the pain we feel? The very foundations of the world shake with each step you make!

You wouldn't know pain!

We will see...

As the bones finished reattaching themselves back to their normal place, it seemed as if the bind restraining his lips was finally released, and the moment he realized that, he could only scream.