Chapter 10: A Shadow's Will, The Frigid Touch

"What my Lord commands, so it shall be."

A voice, resonating through a room filled with boulders and small stones alike. It was chanting some sort of prayer, his voice breaking the grim peace within the ruined room.

"Where the Lord goes, there I shall go."

It said again, praying to some deity.

"Whoever defies my Lord, then they shall die."

His voice was devoid of any emotion, it was as if he was unceremoniously stripped of it in just one day, possibly by this same deity that he was praying to.

"E ethdaly uai, tu Dalk."

Now the voice was chanting something in an unrecognizable language, but he seemed to be able to say it very fluently.

"Tony ty afy ab uail aqf."

This same voice chanted again with the same unrecognizable language, unfamiliar words of unknown origins.

"Tony ty efsa uail hlecyk hazzyzzeaf."

"E ot uail ifqalswu zyljofs, tu Dalk, uail Pwotheaf, ofk E xyr uai sa tony ty efsa uail hlecyk hazzyzzeaf."

"Tu Dalk, E ethdaly uai afpy taly."

"Silf ty efsa o wifsyl ef swy zwokaqz."

"Tony ty xyfk swy zwokaqz sa ail qeddz."

"Silf ty efsa uail qodnyl ab swy ferws."

"Uail qodnyl ab swy ferws, os uail zyljepy, Tu Dalk."

Now, he stopped speaking, and in the room he was in, a strange light began to glow, illuminating the once-dark room. It was a bright white color that looked like a big ball of energy, and it floated above the man, who was kneeling on the ground.

"Lord Merec, grant me this boon, so that I can do your will."

He whispered one final time, revealing the deity he was praying to, the Lord of Shadowy Death himself, Merec. The light looked as if it was corrupted by something dark, turning red in color as it began to encircle the kneeling man. He held a scroll in one hand, and on another, he held an opened book, and he was reading its contents, like a bookworm eager to start another adventure in his reads.

Good. Now, wait for it to dissipate, my loyal servant.

The man stood up, and as was ordered by this strange voice, he kept still as the red ball of light encircled him, growing faster with every passing second, until it was but a blur on the surroundings, where only this man's enhanced sight can hope to even see it.

Finally it stopped, and then it did something that was rather unexpected. It entered the man's body, tearing into his chest, the effects of which illuminated the man now in a ghastly light.

Behold now, my servant, the powers of Merec happen before your mortal eyes!

Normally, any man would've screamed in pain, clawing at his torso to rid himself of this agonizing ball of red, but to this man, pain meant nothing to him, in fact, the meaning of pain itself was lost within him.

He merely blinked as the ball of red light swam through the sea of blood in his body, traveling through his heart, his veins, everywhere, though he could not feel it.

Again, he did not see or feel anything about that coming changes being wrought to his body, so he did not see his own red-tinted eyes turning into darker shade, almost becoming the color of darkness, a testament to the demon lord's unholy bond with him.

My loyal servant, you are now complete.

Came the satisfied voice of the demon lord, whispering the words in his mind.