Selfies and Lenses

Chapter 6

Cade was the first to hop out of the car when we reached home. He ran to the door and slammed it shut without waiting for me or even turning back to spare a glance at me. Gentleman much? I rolled my eyes at him and slipped out of the car.

Holding my cellphone tightly in my hand I began my solitary walk to the house. My palms were sweaty and my mind was dizzy. Zac was an exceptional sweet talker, he had made me blush twice in the last fifteen minutes which was an exceptionally tough task.

Zac Ronan Levine

Do you wear lenses?

Just Now

Rayne Quinn

Yes. Sometimes.

Just now

He had been complimenting me on some selfies of mine, which was the definite reason for my blush. I was chewing my lip anxiously waiting for his response when I entered home. Cade's laughter and my mom's giggles provided me a warm welcome. I didn't mind the fact that they were completely ignoring me. I was thriving for an insanely gorgeous boy named Zac's attention at the moment.

Zac Ronan Levine

They suit you :D

So, what are your hobbies? Except clicking pictures and looking gorgeous of course.

Just Now

I chuckled at the comment, drawing my mother and Cade's attention. They looked at me amazed and curious. As if I was some specimen from Mars and they were the researchers.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow to make it intense.

Both of them turned and began chatting about Violet, Cade's girlfriend and Holland, Cade's mother. Not bothering to answer my question.

Rayne Quinn

I like reading books, and clicking pictures of OTHERS too.

Just now

I highlighted 'others' so that he doesn't think that I'm a self obsessed girl who keeps taking thousands of selfies in continuous shots. I mean yeah I liked clicking pictures but not all the time.

I was in my room when my phone 'ding'-ed again. I decided to check it first instead of going to change in my pj's. They can wait. Zac shouldn't.

Zac Ronan Levine

I kind of thought you as the nerdy types with the loads of literary quotes you post. But a beautiful one though (;

Just now

Rayne Quinn

Was that an insult?

Just now

The reply was almost instant. I couldn't even slide my finger over the lock button when his message appeared. Well, I think I'm not the only one interested in talking here.

Zac Ronan Levine

You take the word beautiful as an insult? I don't think all the boys who commented 'beautiful' in your pictures are insulting you, it's quiet the opposite dear (;

Just now

I blushed deeply at this. My cheeks and the tips of my ears felt warm. There were little butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I've been called beautiful before but none had this effect on me. Perhaps listening it from your crush makes it more special?

Yeah I think so.

Rayne Quinn

Oh, thank you (:

But, I was talking about the 'nerdy' part.

PS : You wink a lot.

Just Now

I kept my phone on the bed and went to the bathroom. My body was sticky from the humid air outside. A cool shower was much needed.

When I was done, I walked out of my bathroom in a white fluffy towel and reached for my phone.

Zac Ronan Levine

That's my signature style (;

For you, nerdy is a compliment because I sure haven't talked to a nerd as nice as you.

PS : As beautiful as you too (;

23:40 PM

Rayne Quinn

Wow, that was very... flirty of you.

Just now

Zac Ronan Levine

Uhm, yeah.

I may flirt a bit. Don't get angry. I'm good boy baby (;

Just Now

The entire time I read the message my bottom lip was in between my teeth. So yes, he was a flirt. I couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment run through me. I quickly shook it away. He was just a stranger. I didn't know anything about him. I shouldn't put my hopes on him just because he had a pretty face which I was attracted to.

Rayne Quinn

Shouldn't you do that to your girlfriend?

Just Now

I asked, still munching on my bottom lip. The question was aimed to change the 'flirt' topic but it brought down a whole new deal of nervousness over me. Crap, I was committed myself!

Zac Ronan Levine

I don't have one. Single past one year.

And you?

Just Now

Unknowingly a sigh of relief escaped my lips. My eyes widened at the realization. Fawning over a guy while have a boyfriend of my own! What's wrong with me. To keep the cherry on top, my sneaky-bitçh subconscious reminded me.

Rayne Quinn

I'm committed.

Just Now

There you go subconscious. I yelled mentally before keeping my mobile beside me. All the time while talking to Zac I had forgotten about Stuart. Now my mind had brought back the issue. I don't know how I'm going to tell Stuart that there's nothing between us. I don't feel butterflies when I see him, I don't miss him, at all, I get happy when he avoids me because I feel awkward with him. God forbid the touching part, I feel like cows kicking my butt and warning bells ringing in my head when he comes close.

Zac Ronan Levine

Yeah, I kind of knew that. Your relationship status gave that away. But I thought maybe...

Anyways, a boy can hope right?

Just Now

My heart started beating a little faster than expected with that.

Rayne Quinn

Hope? I don't get you.

Just Now

Zac Ronan Levine

Nothing princess, sleep, it's late.

Good night

PS : Will wait for you tomorrow xo

Just Now

I saw 1:40 am indicated on my mobile. Taking the cue an yawn escaped my lips.

I wished a good night to him sleepily before drifting off to sleep with a smile on my face.

I was called a princess today.