Facing and Getting Surprises

Chapter 5

I couldn't stay in the party long. Stuart's constant blabbering and clinginess were giving me a headache so I asked Cade to drop me home. Being the awesome brother/cousin he is, he agreed in a heart beat. Even when his friends were asking him to stay.

So here I am, seated in Cade's jeep as he is blasting Enrique's Hero in full volume and also on repeat. Not that I mind listening to Enrique but the volume was too much. I sneakily twisted the volume control when Cade was focused on the road.

"I know you have reduced the volume" Cade said throwing me a mean-glare.

"I'm having an headache" I confessed, rubbing my fingers over my temple.

Cade shook his head, disappointed at this. He lowered the volume more earning a thankful look from me. "That's the effect of Vodka and Dark Beer, but I didn't knew you'd start a hangover now. You're never a light weight" he said.

"This is Stuart effect. That boy was stuck to my ass the whole night and there wasn't a moment he kept his trap shut. Not to forget his perverted moves" I blurted out while grabbing the hair tie which was secure on my wrist and pulled my black mane in to a ponytail. All the air was tangling it up.

"I can always beat the crap out of him you know, but I don't understand who invited that tool anyway?" Cade asked rubbing his index finger on his extremely chiseled jaw. 

"Even I don't know. He's magically getting to know where I am going and whatsoever. Maybe he's stalking me."

Cade frowned at my assumption of Stuart stalking me. "He's weird. I don't know why you even agreed to date him when you haven't ever gone on a date with him. What is this, kindergarden puppy crush?"

I chuckled at the comment. "Truthfully, I don't think I've ever seen him as a boyfriend. So whenever he acts like one, I get creeped out"

Cade's brows scrunched up. Surely he could understand what I was talking about and being the protective brother he is, he said "You need to break up with him before he does something... something perverted. I don't trust him around you and I swear if he touches you, I'm gonna hurt his horny ass."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I laughed with Cade. After playing angry birds all throughout the party, I guess I had depleted all the charge. I took out my phone from my jeans and my charging cable from the jeep's dashboard before plugging it in the car.

The black apple logo immediately popped up on the white background on the screen, illuminating my face. Soon the brightness decreased and I saw mine and Cade's pic in the lock screen. Cade noticed it too and smiled.

It was a picture we had taken on our small road trip before everything went wrong. I was barely fourteen that time while Cade was nineteen.

"It was a great trip" Cade breathed out.

Of course it was a great trip for him. He found his girlfriend on that trip and they have been inseparable ever since. Violet tamed my brother. He was Casanova back then but now, he's a one woman man which I am really proud of.

The bing of my phone brought me out of my memory lane. I peered down at the screen to see quiet a few Facebook notifications. I swiped open the screen and saw the blue background of Facebook.

Within seconds I was greeted with the news feed and a red box showing 7 on the notification icon while another red box showed 1 over the messages icon. I immediately clicked on the message icon and waited for my inbox to get loaded.

"I'm thinking of going on another trip. I heard that your father is staying the weekend. We can plan something after that." Cade suggested.

I nodded like a five year old before giving him a goofy grin. I was all in for a trip. Some days away from home is just what I need. I turned my attention back to my phone. My inbox was on view now and the unread message which made me open Facebook was highlighted at the top.

Zac Ronan Levine

Hi (: -2 minutes ago

I drew in a sharp break then, closed my eyes before rubbing them and finally opening them. My heart rate increased when I saw the message was still there.

He had actually messaged me! My man crush every Monday freaking messaged me!

My fingers hovered over the screen before tapping on the thread and ever so slowly I typed a reply to him.

Completely ignoring Enrique singing: "I could be your Hero baby, I can kiss away the pain, I would stand by you forever..." In the background as I typed. Only if I knew how much right Mr Enrique Iglesias was.