Phone Calls and Dates

Chapter 14

"So, you're officially my girlfriend now?" Zac's voice seeped through the phone. I pressed my hand on the ice cream tub in front of me and then pressed it back on my cheek. If they got any more warm, I'll have burns.

"I guess so" I squeaked. I shut my eyes pathetically at my pathetic attempt to speak. But darn me! It was the first time I was hearing his damn voice. I mean I forgot to breath when my name rolled off from his tongue the first time. It's only fair that I speak pathetically now.

I heard him chuckle at the other end of the phone. A deep throaty chuckle that leaves all kinds of dangerous shivers down your skin. I began chewing on my lips to stop myself from sighing loudly and embarrassing myself in front of him.

But I had already embarrassed myself in my eyes. I never thought I had this girly immature girl inside me. I was even playing with my hair for fućk's sake!

"You guess so baby? Aren't you sure about it?" Oh hot damn. He asked with his voice huskier now.

I swear I just died.

"I-I" I tried squeaking again but I failed, just like I failed talking when he called out my name first time.

"Well I am pretty sure that you're my girl Trinity. I won't have anything less"

My plans were clammy by now, my cheeks were literally on fire and I couldn't breathe. And by just my luck, I fell in a coughing fit. I could hear his hearty laugh at the end of the phone. Jerk. I thought. He surely knew what he was doing.

"Princess are you okay?" He asked concerned when my coughing fit didn't take a stop. I grasped the Orange juice bottle near me and took a gulp. "Yeah" I whispered.

"Are you sure?" He pressed.

I couldn't help but smile. "Yes baby" I drew out. Two can play the game, being my only motto.

A few seconds of silence passed before he cleared his throat. An involuntary giggle escaped my lips. Fùck! Did I really giggle?

"Umm, so I was wondering if you would like to go out with me you know?" Zac's voice came. He sounded nervous. I grinned amused at the effect I have on him. Wow. My alter ego praise.

"Of course. We're a couple." I spoke, my voice equally nervous.

"Since you love horror, I thought we could catch The Conjuring and have lunch after that? What do you say?"

My grin widened. I absolutely loved horror films. It was one of the top five things I loved. "Perfect" I chirped.

"Glad that I made you happy princess. You deserve it all"

I really needed ice on my cheeks so I ended up pressing the ice cream on it. Damn I was blushing furiously, even my tanned skin was catching color.

"Zac..." I drew out.

"Yes baby" He drew back making me burst into a fit of giggles. "I can't wait to see you while you smile like that princess" He added.

"When are we going out then?" I asked shyly. My alter ego cringed at the sweetness pouring out of me.

"The sooner the better" Zac chuckled. "Tomorrow?" He asked.

"The divorce case and I need to tutor" I reminded him. "I have a better idea you know. Let's hang out this Saturday, we can go on a date next weekend. The case will be over by then and I don't tutor on weekends" I suggested happily.

"Anything you want baby" He spoke. "But I really want to see you, you know" He whispered.

My heart melted. Zac had showered me with so much affection in just a few days. I felt that I could pass a lifetime with it. It was only fair that I do all that's possible by me for him.

"I know, I do too" I replied back, rolling my lip in my mouth and running my tongue over it to moisten it.

"Reeeee! Mommy calls you down" I heard a cute little voice yell.

"Coming!" I yelled covering the phone.

"Quickly Ree. Me waits" Robin, my little nephew yelled back.

"My aunt is calling me" I said finally unwrapping my hand from my phone.

"I heard that much Princess" He laughs. "Its almost dinner time" He added.

I involuntarily tuck a some of my hairs behind my ear and look at the clock. "Yeah, so..."

"So what baby? It's not goodbye, I'll still wait for your text"

I blew a breath of relief. This was really awkward. I want to talk to him all the time and I can't even tell him. "I'll text you then" I say.

"Mhmm. Now before you go..." He paused, making me hold in my breath. "I love you" He whispers. As if relieved that he had finally said it out loud.

I close my eyes and relish the feeling. The feeling of being loved by someone. The wonderfulness behind it. The warmth it spreads in your heart. But as I open my mouth to say the same. I feel myself stuttering. Fućking lack of experience! I curse inwardly.

"Trinity" I heard him call out. "It was a mistake" He said.

My heart dropped in my chest. I was dumbstruck.

"Saying these three words to my ex's when I never loved them, because when I said it you today. I understood the difference. The difference between saying it to please someone else, and saying it to please myself. It was the latter this time. Its so fućking addictive baby. I wanna keep saying that I love you and never stop"

"I love you too" I blurted out, too damn happy from his confession. I felt like someone had finally broke open the pot of happiness in my chest and it was overflowing right now.

Oh! What the hell was happening to me! I'm getting all mushy. Heck I never knew I had this side.

"Again baby" He breathed out. His voice sexier than sin.

"I love you too Zac" I whispered pressing the ice cream tub in front of me to my flaming cheeks.

"Would you be angry if I said again?" He said with his voice being softer than honey.

"Sis, Mom's calling you come on" Lucy's calls as she peeps in from the door. "I've been told to drag you in case you don't come."

I roll my eyes at her statement while I hear Zac laughing on the phone. "Shut up" I snap to Zac.

"Don't be angry baby, now keep the phone and go for dinner. I'll wait for your text" He said. I could still feel the smile in his voice.

"Yeah okay" I muttered because Lucy, my little sister was looking at me suspiciously. Jeez. What was it with kids these days.

"I love you, you don't have to say it back I know someone is there in the room. Hang up now okay?"

"Mhmm" I said putting the phone down and hanging up. I felt like doing a happy dance because my happy meter was going ballistic. But Lucy was there eyeing me suspiciously so I decided to ditch it and follow her for dinner.