Mistakes

Chapter 12

My night wasn't restless. I didn't spent it overthinking about Zac's confession. I spent it sleeping peacefully. Although it was Zac who made me go to sleep at 1 in the morning. Don't blame me for wanting to talk to my biggest crush ever.

I woke up seven hours later and rushed to the shower. I absolutely had no idea of the next thirty minutes that flew by after that. I guess even superman would've failed miserably with the speed I showered and dressed up.

Some of the credit goes to my Jeans and sweatshirts while some goes to the apple I had carried out. They help me every time I feel lazy or I am late.

My walk to the bus stop was solitary. Zac was at school, as he had said in his Good Morning text and he won't be back till afternoon.

Once I felt the wind smacking my face I pulled out my headphones from my bag and groaned out loud. So loud that the old granny in front of me turned and glared at me. I smiled apologetically and looked back at my tangled headphones.

Jeez they had a better love life than me, but seriously they should stop their wild romance everytime they come off from my hands and end up in my bag.

Maps by Maroon Five began playing as I tucked the earbud in my ears. The bus was picking up speed making my hairs whip my face. I pulled it in to a pony tail quickly knowing that I had almost 2 hours left to reach school.

I loved long drives. I do now too. Cade and I had long drives once in a whole but ever since his girlfriend came. He had been busy. Not that I complain. He has been ecstatic ever since.

The way Cade looks at his girl, it's of unadulterated admiration and love.

I wonder if Zac would be the same way. Immediately the image of him and me sitting together flashed through my mind. I could literally feel his beautiful lips turn in to a heart stopping smile.

Damn, I would forget to breath some day because of his godly features. That man was a walking heart attack.

The bus driver pushed the breaks exactly at the moment when my imagination began becoming more vivid. My upper body flew forward making my head hit the front seat. "Fućk" I muttered, earning another glare from the same old lady. I smiled apologetically again.

I turned my attention back to the road. I didn't knew what to do about the situation with Zac. He might have said that he loves me and I might have expected that I do so too, but those three words aren't exactly enough for a relation.

We were young, a prime time of making mistakes. I might find my solace in him but there is no guarantee whether he'll feel the same for me. The fact that he was a Casanova before just fit like a cherry on top to my doubts.

But then again, I can be wrong. Love changes people. It really does because even Cade had a string of girls before he met his girlfriend and I knew how much he loved her now. Some how my brain, who was a master in giving away bad vibes wasn't doing so this time.

I had the urge to take this chance with Zac. I wanted to take the chance and see where it leads me, where it leads him and whether it leads to us.

And if doesn't. He'll always be a beautiful mistake. Because it was high time, I start making mistakes rather than trying to escape from other's mistakes.
• • •

"Robert is sitting there, with Stuart" Leo said as I was about to push the school door open and exit this hell hole.

I stiffened while my grip on the door tightened. I was already nuts with my Chemistry teacher handing me a detention slip for coming late in the class. I told her that the stupid bus broke down but that old rat wasn't getting any of it.

So I turned and stormed out of the class to the library with a detention slip in my hand. I calmed myself there by reading Harry Potter till I was smiling when Harry got selected in Quidditch.

"Trinity?" Leo pressed, grabbing my elbow and bringing me to the side. I whisked my hand out of his grip and glared at him. "What? You were blocking the way out there"

"Back Gate" I muttered before turning to walk towards the school's back gate. One of the perks about being the school's senior was that you can slip out of anywhere. Not many people know about this escape and neither do we share. It's a senior thingy.

"You can't escape him forever Trinity!" Leo snapped as he began jogging beside me.

"I know" I replied while adjusting the strap of my bag pack. It was sliding down my shoulder as I walked like a maniac escaping from wardens.

"Then why do it now" Leo pressed again.

I chose to ignore him for the time being and stepped out of my school. I wanted to be focused on sneaking out without being noticed my Stuart and his gang of worthless chaps.

Luckily I got a bus from the road at the backyard of school. Although it won't go till my uncle's house, I'll have to change in the middle, I didn't mind it.

Not even one bit about the fact that I've to walk for ten minutes to get the next bus. I guess I hated Stuart more than walking.

• • •

I popped a piece of mango in mouth while looking at my laptop's screen. I was lying down on my stomach with a plate of sliced mangoes and my laptop waiting for Zac's reply.

The fact I returned home a few hours before after completing a three hour journey by bus, then walking, then by bus again wasn't bothering me. We were having an interesting conversation about Harry Potter where Zac asked me whether he looked like Daniel Radcliffe or not.

Truly, I didn't knew what to say. So I ended up saying that he does look like him but only slightly. When in reality there was nothing common about them. Zac had sent a line of laughing smilies after that, confessing that he was pulling my leg.

Rayne Quinn :

It's not fair.
7:58 PM

Zac M Levine :

Everything is fair in love and war babe.
7:58 PM

Rayne Quinn

When was this a war?
8:00 PM

Zac M Levine

Never. It has always been love.
8:00 PM