Are You Ready to Have A Baby?

Are you ready for it?- ...Ready For It, Taylor Swift

(Inej P.O.V. At the house)

Inej groaned as she forced herself to sit up.  She hadn't meant to scream, but the worst contraction of the day had come.  Nina and Kaz faced each other, Nina's mouth open and Kaz's face drained of any color that had been there.  She moaned and Kaz snapped out of his trance, hurrying to her side.

"Inej, did she hurt you?"  Kaz looked at her quickly and Nina snapped,

"I would never hurt Inej.  You, on the other hand..."  Kaz glared at her.

"I know you have never liked me.  But could you please help me and go get the doctor?  He lives six miles out in town.  There is a spare horse in the barn."  Nina scowled but hurried out.  Both of them just wanted to help Inej. Inej grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly.  Kaz sat by her side, stroking her hair.  Inej shoved him lightly though.

"Go take a shower.  You smell awful."  Kaz looked down at her in mock offense.

"Me?"  Inej snorted, shooing him towards the door.  Kaz looked down at her and Inej rolled her eyes.

"I'll be fine.  I'm not going to have the baby in the next ten minutes."  Kaz paused in the doorway to the restroom and Inej huffed a breath, waving her hand for him to go on.

"I'm not going to let you stay in this room if you smell like that."  Kaz finally gave in and Inej smiled.  She was happy Kaz was home, but she wished he wouldn't flit around her so.  She was still the same Inej as she was before she was pregnant; before they were married.  With that thought, her mind wandered to their small wedding...

(Their wedding two months earlier.  Sorry, I couldn't really describe the dress.)

Inej stood in her room, smiling at her reflection.  Inej's mom stood behind her.  She and Kaz had decided that her parents could be trusted and invited them a month or so ago.  Inej wore a long white gown that simply flowed around her curves and had a shorter, five-foot train.  There were no sleeves and the back dipped down slightly while the front stayed higher up.  Her hair was done up in a simple crown braid, a long veil in front of her eyes.  She wore simple white heels and no makeup.

"You look so pretty, honey."  Inej's mom hugged her from behind and Inej turned around, fully hugging her mom.

"Even with the baby?"  Inej's mother nodded.

"Even with the baby."  Inej breathed in her mother's wild geranium scent.  Her mother wore a dark navy dress that was similar to Inej's white one, without the train and her hair was simply down.

"I'm so happy you found someone you love Inej."  Inej pulled away, looking into her mother's dark brown eyes.

"Does father approve of Kaz?  I know he wasn't too partial to the idea at first."  Inej's mother laughed, her white teeth showing.

"He wasn't, I won't lie.  But I convinced him otherwise, plus, as long as you're happy we're happy.  I know it sounds cliché but it's true.  I just want my baby to live her life happy."  Inej smiled at her mother, kissing her cheek.  Inej's mother led her to the front of the house and outside to the grassy meadow where they were to be married.  It was a wildflower field with a path cut out.  There was no music, but as Inej's mother handed her a bouquet of blue hydrangeas.  Then her father came to her side and walked her down the aisle to where Kaz stood.  he was in a sleek black suit, his hair cleaning shaven and his crow head cane in hand.  Her mother trailed behind as a maid of honor with Florence who wore the same dress as her mother.