Chapter Six: Pup

[Chapter Six]

I dug through a large pile of clean Gryffindor laundry while Fred searched through another and George charmed the Slytherin’s into turning pink.

“Ha! Found one!” Fred exclaimed, holding up a scarlet-and-gold jumper.

I reached out and grabbed it from him, inspecting it. It would be a bit large on Sirius, but once he got out of Azkaban, he would fill into it. I wondered if they even fed the prisoners in Azkaban.

“Alright, this will work,” I said. “Let’s go!”

“The halls are clear, we’re home free,” said George as he peered down at their little map of the school.

We took off towards the Ravenclaw tower. I knocked on the knocker.

“Where do banished objects go?”

“Er…probably nowhere really, but everywhere,” I said.

“Short and sweet,” said the eagle as the door swung open.

I stepped inside and the twins waited outside for me.

“Lucy, why do you have a Gryffindor jumper?” Terry asked.

“It’s Fred’s, I’m borrowing it!” I said as I sped up to my dorm.

I looked around for a place to hide it. Then I heard the doorknob turn and so I stuffed it under my pillow.

Mandy and Padma walked in and I sped past them.

“Where are you going?” Padma asked, as she had just seen me in the common room.

“To the library, studying with Hermione!” I shouted as I made a wild dash down the stairs.

“But it’s almost lunch!”

I didn’t respond to that; as I was already back in the common room, then out the door.

“That was fast,” said Fred as he slung his arm over my shoulders.

“I’m going to the library now,” I said. “I told Hermione that I’d study with her.”

“We’ll walk you there,” they said in unison.

I grinned.

~x~

That night when I returned from dinner, I went straight up to my dorm and changed into pajamas. Once I was sitting in my bed, I drew the curtains so that the others wouldn’t see and put on the jumper, hoping my idea would work.

I slid under the covers and shut my eyes, drifting to sleep not long after.

For the second night in a row, I found myself in the cold, dark cell of Sirius Black and I smiled.

Sirius was in the same spot that he was yesterday, only this time he was looking at the spot where I was.

I walked over to him, my bare feet making quiet pitter-patter and he looked at me with confusion.

“I thought you were a Ravenclaw,” he said.

“I am,” I said, still smiling. I grabbed the collar of the jumper and pulled it over my head. “I got this for you, since you probably freeze your tail off daily. Some friends of mine helped me steal it from the laundry room.” I handed it to him.

Sirius smiled at me.

“Thank you very much, Lucille,” he said. He pulled off his cloak, revealing a ragged shirt. He pulled on the jumper over the shirt. It was a bit big on him. God, he was thin.