Chapter Eight: Quidditch

[Chapter Eight]

Before dinner, on Halloween, I went into the girl’s bathroom to wash my face, which was spotted with some kind of paint from the Slytherins, who had caught me on their way to the Great Hall.

I scrubbed my face with the sleeve of my robes when I heard some sniffling noise. Turning, I noticed that only one of the stalls was shut, and a pair of feet could be seen.

“Hello there, are you alright?” I asked.

“Go away!” a voice shouted.

“Hermione, is that you?”

“Lucille, go away!”

“Hermione, are you crying?” I asked, stepping closer to the door.

“Just leave me alone!” she cried.

“Just tell me what’s wrong,” I said.

I heard a few more sniffles.

“Ron said I was a nightmare and that no one could stand me,” she said, her voice breaking.

“I don’t think that’s true,” I said.

“Really?” she asked. “You mean it?”

“I mean it,” I said. “You’re a really smart, talented witch.”

The door flung open and Hermione launched herself at me.

“Whoa, there,” I said. Suddenly, I was hit in the face with a horrible stench that I knew was not the bathroom. There was a dragging noise behind me and Hermione and I both froze.

I slowly turned and looked into the angry eyes of a mountain troll. I faintly heard the sound of a door closing, but I was too busy staring at the monster in front of me.

“Bugger needs a bath,” I whimpered before I screamed. I grabbed Hermione and dragged her out of the way as the troll smashed the toilets with his club.

There were two figures on the other side of the troll, but he kept moving in the way so I couldn’t see whom it was.

There was a loud clang and the troll stopped a few feet away from us. The troll moved its leg long enough for me to see Harry and Ron standing there, throwing broken objects at it.

The troll reared on Ron, and Harry ran around to us, yelling at us to run. Hermione stood there, completely terrified. The troll, now ignoring us, started toward Ron, and I gave a (most-likely) terrifying snarl as I dashed forward at the same time as Harry.

As I launched myself at the troll, I felt my clothes disappearing and fur sprouting everywhere. I sank my teeth into the back of his calf.

The troll roared, whether from my bite, or from Harry sticking a bloody wand up its nose, I have no clue, but I could always hope for both.

I heard Ron shout “Wingardium Leviosa!” and I was kicked back. I hit the wall with a thud and I shifted back to my… normal form… thing.

“Ow,” I muttered, watching as its club dropped onto the troll’s head and wiped my mouth of the troll blood.

The troll fell flat on it’s face and all three of them turned to me.

“You’re an animagus?” Ron asked incredulously.

“Don’t you dare tell a soul, Ronald Weasley,” I said, getting to my feet.

“Is it dead?” Hermione asked in a hushed tone.

“Most likely not,” I said. “Probably just unconscious.”