Chapter Ten: Christmas

[Chapter Ten]

Fred, George, and I stood in the entrance hall to see Terry off. Lee was standing with us, he was leaving for the holidays too and he had agreed to make sure that none of the Slytherins would mess with Terry on the train.

“Where is that boy?” I asked. “The train will be leaving soon.”

“There he is!” George said, pointing to the top of the staircase, where Terry was dragging his trunk along.

“Hurry up, Boot!” I called.

“Oh, shove it,” he said as he made it to us.

I laughed and hugged him.

“Have a good Christmas,” I said. He hugged me back.

“I will, don’t worry,” he said before he pulled away. He tried shaking hands with Fred, but instead, Fred pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

“Don’t you dare forget about us, Terry!” Fred cried dramatically.

“Er, it’s just two week,” Terry choked out, his face turning red. “I can’t breath!”

“Sorry,” said Fred, putting him back on the floor.

I giggled. Terry picked up his trunk and started toward the door.

“Bye!” I said.

“Bye!” he called back.

Lee said goodbye to us and then picked up his trunk and went after Terry.

When he was gone, Fred and George each grabbed one of my arms and started dragging me somewhere.

“You guys, where are we going?” I protested, trying to gather my own strength, but it was no use. As an eleven year old that barely reached four feet, I stood no chance against two thirteen-year-old almost-six-foot monsters.

“It won’t be much of a surprise,” George said.

“Yeah, so just hush up,” said Fred.

“And here we are!” George said as we stopped in front of the Ravenclaw common room.

“Erm, what are we doing here?” I asked.

“No questions. Get some clothes and a toothbrush and then come back down,” Fred requested.

I raised an eyebrow, didn’t question them as he said. I went up to my empty dorm and emptied my knapsack of my school stuff and filled it with a few pairs of jeans, some t-shirts, underwear, my toothbrush, hairbrush, and (just because I had a bit of a hunch) a set of pajamas. Before I left, I got out of my school uniform and changed into navy sweat pants and one of Tonk’s old t-shirts before pulling on Fred’s jumper and leaving the room.

“Got everything?” Fred asked as he and George met me back outside.

I nodded.

“Come on then!” George exclaimed, grabbing my arm.

“So what are we doing?” I asked.

“We’re going to sneak you into our dorms for the holidays,” said Fred with a wink.

Oh, how did I know it? I thought.

They led me to a part of the castle in which I had never been too and walked straight up to a portrait of a fat lady. I’d heard about her, but never actually had seen her, so I pretty much gawked at her.

“She’s not a Gryffindor,” the Fat Lady said simply.

“Oh, come on,” said Fred. “She’s the only Ravenclaw staying and we don’t want her to be alone.”