Chapter 18

Kaleb pov

Angry. Sad. Hurt. Loathing. Disappointment. Those are some of the things that I am feeling. I am angry with myself for not doing anything when I saw Adri about to be hit. Maybe if I had moved like my mind was telling me to and not stand there in shock, mom would've been alive not dead and dad wouldn't be feeling so hollow and sad all the time. I'm sad and hurt because I just watched my mom die, right in front of me! and worse yet she looked me in my eyes and smiled while telling me how much she loved me. She didn't need to say it, her smile alone told me just how much she loved me. I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to get to her in time and allowing Karayan to take hold of her body. Who knows what that bastard could be using her for!?

Unknowingly I growled in anger only to be hit on the back of my head. I looked up to see the dull yet angry eyes of my brother and the worried ones of my mate. "Snap out of it K. If you keep going like that Karayan will be able to get you too." Reuben stated. "How'd you...?" "I'm your twin brother. I can feel what you're feeling a lot of times, and we're in the same pack so our connection to each other is strong. I know you probably better than you know yourself." I went to say something "That and your facial expressions are easy to read." I chuckled. Sarah cupped my face and kissed my forehead "It'll get better you know. We just have to take everything Karayan throws at us and overcome it." I sighed buring my face into her chest.

"She's right, and with everything you overcome, you'll become stronger." Kyle said entering the room. And Karayan will become weaker. My eyes widened and I shoot up looking around. "Did you hear that?" I asked looking at everyone in the room. They gave me confused looks "Hear what?" Derek asked. I sighed "I thought I just heard...nevermind." I shook my head. "What did you hear?" Kyle asked "I-I thought I heard...mom..." I breathed out softly pain surrounding my chest as I thought of her. "Maybe you did." I looked up shocked at Kyle "Your father heard her too. That's how he knew the witches were under attack." I sighed "How is she able to talk to us?" Reuben asked. Kyle shrugged.

"It could be that it's cause we're connected to her, well everyone is but you guys are her family." We turned to see Cole and Jeff, Cole was the one who spoke as his thinking face gave it away. "Hey, Cole, Jeff! What are you guys doing here? Aren't you both supposed to be in California helping grandma?" Reuben and I asked them. They frowned nodding "We needed to see Daniel. Anna is dying." We gasped "What?! How?! What happened?!" I asked "We don't know! We think- no we know she was attacked. We can't touch her without our skin burning. Her body is covered in wolfs bain, both inside and out." Jeff stated showing us his burnt hands. We frowned all of us trying to think of something.

Serena. Her crystal, use it. My eyes widened and Reuben snapped his head in Serena's direction "Serena, did mom ever hand you something?" I asked urgently. She looked thoughtful for a moment before her eyes lit up. "Yes...a crystal but I don't know what it does. All she did was smile at me when I asked and said Dragon, wolf." I gasped before smiling. "Do you have it?" She nodded and pulled out a crytal necklace. "Wow it's beautiful." Sarah said. I nodded "Yes and also the way we can protect the wolves and dragons." Reuben stated. I grabbed the crystal and went to hand it to Cole but stopped. Break it in half. I then broke it before giving Cole one half and handing the other half back to Serena.

"Why'd you break it?" Jeff asked. I shrugged "I'm just doing what I was told but I'm guessing that is so we wolves can keep one and the dragons the other. So Serena take good care of that crystal." Kyle said and she nodded. Jeff and Cole nodded also then quickly shifted into their wolves before leaving. Make it back safely, Karayan will do anything to stop you. I mind linked them. We know that's why we're running. Cole replied casuing me to chuckle slightly at him then cut the link. Once the link was cut I opened my eyes only to be met with the beautiful ones of my mate. She smiled at me then grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs and into my room.

She sighed "Can I have you back now?" She asked as I sat on the bed. I have her a confused look "What do you mean?" "Well you've been buried in your thoughts since uncle Danny left, Reuben had to pull me away from you because you heated up and your emotions were haywire." I frowned. "I'm sorry." I pulled her towards me so she sat on my lap. Sarah instantly hugged me and hid her face in my neck. I inhaled her scent happily as she did the same to me. "Have you spoken to Adri since this morning?" I sighed "No...." Sarah gave me a look. "K, she hasn't eaten today at all." I huffed before setting her on the bed.

I was about to walk away but stopped, turned back to Sarah and pulled her into a kiss. As soon as our lips connected she returned the kiss. I poured my heart into the kiss, showing her that I loved her and hoping that she felt what I felt. When we broke the kiss I set my forehead on hers "I love you..." she smiled up at me "I don't know what I'll do if I ever lost you." I mumbled but I knew she heard me since she cupped my face and kissed my nose "You won't...now go and talk to Adri." I nodded and left heading to Adri's room.

I knew Damon was in there but I couldn't hear anything since the door was closed. Sighing I opened the door and found Damon sleeping with Adriana laying on top of him. She looked over at me as if she was shocked to see me "Have you eaten?" I asked her. She shook her head no "Then come and get something to eat." She looked away "I'm not hungry..." Her stomach growled and I held back the urge to laugh at her. "Yes you are, now come and eat." She growled "You're not dad leave me alone!" "And you're not mom, you can't tell me what to do." At the mention of mom she flinched.

I inhaled deeply before sighing "Stop being so difficult, we already have enough things to worry about and if you get hungry and grow weak from not eating Karayan can get his hands on you too." She looked at me as if she was about to protest but I didn't let her "Stop being a pain in everyone's asses! If you get taken then mom's death would've been for nothing!" She closed her mouth "All you're doing is staying in your room, moping around about the fact that mom's dead. How do you think we feel, huh? Oh right, you never thought about us." She looked away from me.

I sighed, already tired from arguing with her "You haven't even come down to help the pack since you woke up, they're not functioning without their Luna and you're the closest person to the Luna we have now. Damon is working hard because the amout of deaths increased ridiculously and he can't even return the souls to their body seeing as their time to die hasn't come he had to make them cross over and that's hard when he has to be worried if you've eaten or not, if you're okay or not and especially since mom isn't here to help safely carry the wolves over so Karayan wouldn't take and corrupt them." She looked at her mate in sadness "I'm sorry I didn't know..." "Of course you didn't, you didn't bother to ask how everyone else was feeling nor were you trying to make anyone feel better." With that I left her room leaving her to think.

You told her the right thing. If you hadn't I would've and I wouldn't have been so nice. Reuben stated. I chuckled. Of course you wouldn't. I rolled my eyes. I can feel you rolling your eyes. Don't be rude young man! I smirked. I'm older than you. He went silent making me laugh. Shut up. I laughed more heading back to my room and my mate.

************************
Adriana: I'm sorry...

It's not me you're supposed to apologize to. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter.