Chapter 9

Jade pov

I walked over to her and gave her a hug. She chuckled "It is so good to see you again Jade. You're even more beautiful than your mother was." I laughed "I take serious offence to that mother!" I saw mom walk out from behind uncle Erik. "I'm sorry but is there a secret portal behind you that I can't seem to notice because people are randomly appearing." They all laughed at me. "So I know you didn't come up here for a family reunion Jade." Grandma got straight to the point. "And I don't have the answer for you either because I was defeated by that darkness." I gasped. "You mean to tell me that this darkness is unstoppable?" I asked frowning.

Everyone sighed. "This darkness or as we like too call him. Karayan is the darkest of the dark ones. The most evil of them all. All he wants is to wreck havoc on earth. Even in the demon world the demons themselves disliked and feared him so the demon king locked him away but he broke free. He caused so much illness and diseases suffering and pain. It was chaos. War started. Human against human. Supernatural beings against supernatural beings. I was in the midst of it and I refused to hurt anyone. I was a human one of the rare few who knew about supernatural beings but the only one to never killed any. To understand how I sealed away Karayan you need to know my back story." I nodded "I believe we have time." Grandma chuckled. She nodded at me continuing.

"I always hid the children of wolves, vampires, witches demons and even angels. They all looked up to me. I used to go about my day normally like I never hid a thing in my life. As if I was oblivious to what was going on around me. And it worked no one suspected anything. Then on my way home I saw a trail of blood and flowed it. There I found a teenage boy wounded he was bleeding to death so I did the only thing I could think of. I brought him back with me. The children were terrified of him but I assured them that he wouldn't hurt them. He was out for several days. In stayed by his side healing and treating him to the best of my capabilities. Then he woke up. At first he was frightened and prepared to attack which scared the children so they all ran to me bringing me to the boy.

When he saw me he was going to attack but he stopped. He found who he was looking for. His little brother. He decided to stay with me so he can remain hiding. So he went to school with me acting like a human. No one suspected anything and we lived like that for years. Taking in the supernatural children left alone or injured people. But all good things comes to an end. We were found by Karayan and his followers. I fought against him trying everything to protect the children and teens I grew to love as my own and I did...until I was caught. Five men held me down as Karayan made me watch them kill the children.

The teens fought hard trying to get them away and protect them but all I could do was scream and cry out for them to run. They didn't listen. They wanted to protect me as much as I wanted to protect them even the littlest one. She was only five years old and they found her hiding place after searching for the entire day. I had struggled more to save her. I watched as they took their claws and brutally beat her almost to death. Of course she was my breaking point. I screamed so loud that some of their ears started to bleed. All the people that I loved deaths came crashing down on me all at once yet at the same time the day I saved them brought me peace.

My vision turned white in a split second and when I came back I felt power that could rival Karayan's own. Of course he was gone by then but his followers who stayed felt my wrath. I held power over all of them as if I was their rightful leader. Some quickly submitted others tried to fight but failed in doing so. I saved many lives and glowed with the light of the moon that they called me the moon goddess. The moon gave me strength and I controlled the supernatural beings. Of course I let them choose their own course and gave them other halves. A mate to love forever. Soon peace returned and Karayan was no where to bee seen but he wasn't gone here and there he'd try to cause trouble but I always foiled his plans.

Soon I too found a mate which was the only unexpected thing and that was when Karayran struck again. At my weakest point when I was giving birth to your mother. I knew something was coming I felt it so with all my strength I cast a protection spell over our house and Erik. It drained me and I was out for an hour however while giving birth the protection spell weakened and gave him a chance to attack. So many people died including  her father he was the last one to fall holding Karayan off long enough to give birth to your mother. His last words were what gave me the strength to seal him away. Erik had changed after that but your grandfather remained with us somehow before he ran off." grandpa chuckled. "Teenagers" "What did he say?" I asked. "Call upon Fire and she will answer." I stared. "You see Fire is actually his mother.' My eyes widened "Wow. That's so cool, but who was his father?" "The old dragon King. I don't even remember his name...I used to always call him Kai, oh that's right! His name was Kaius. He was such a grumpy dragon seriously!!" everyone chuckled.

 "Thank you for telling me. I have enough information to know what I must do to at least try and stop Karayan, but I will need your help. By the way, I know you're the sun god grandpa and I know you passed it onto Danny." he looked 'confused.' "I am still the sun god why would I pass it onto him?" I sighed. "Danny was never a morning person, he used to throw his pillow at the window every morning just because the sun would shine through the curtains and only last year he suddenly loved waking up at exactly dawn and watching the sunrise." He sighed "So observant, just like your mother." we smiled. "Jade we will be very happy to assist you just tell us what to do." I smiled nodding "I'm going to need........"

To be Continued...........