Chapter 17

Daniel pov

Kyle and I bolted downstairs only to see Derek Reuben and Kaleb looking like kicked puppies as the girls withered in pain. "Dad, dad what's happening to them?! I can't touch her!" Reuben said anger and pain evident in his voice. I sighed and walked up to the girls. I kneeled down in front of them. "I need you guys to bare with me for a while okay?" I asked. They nodded. I looked at Derek and motioned him over. "I want you to hold her and hug her as fast as you can." I instructed. He looked at Serena and frowned.

"I can't... every time I touch her, I hurt her..." He said his voice cracked. "Fine I'll do it." Their eyes widened. I looked at Serena "Brace yourself okay?" She nodded shakily. I grabbed hold of her hand and she instantly cried out in pain. Derek flinched "You're hurting her! Please stop." I gave him a look "Trust me okay?" He looked unsure but he nodded. Moving fast I pulled Serena into a hug and she gasped. I rubbed her back. "Does it still hurt?" I asked. Her grip on me tightened "No...not like before..." I nodded. "I'm gonna need you to hug Derek for me. He's too scared of hurting you right know to hug you on his own. You need to be quick or the pain will come back."

I stood up slowly with Serena in my arms. I turned her around to face Derek who wasn't facing us. "Ready?" She nodded and I gave her a little push forward. She stumbled slightly before she literally tackled Derek to the ground. Reuben laughed at him. "Nahaha! Oouff!" He laughed only for Ophelia to tackle him also. "Ha! Who's laughing now?" Kaleb stated holding onto Sarah tightly while chuckling. I smiled softly at them. "So dad why couldn't we touch them before?" Kaleb asked. "And why now?" Reuben asked. "Your mother is a crafty woman. This attack was meant to drive mates apart it seems. Knowing that touching your mate brings them pain it would've driven you insane and either she'd have died from the pain of being constantly shocked when you tried to hold her or you'd all have died from your insane thoughts." Kyle explained. Their eyes widened.

"Yeah that means that at the end of it the outcome would've been death anyway and when the effects wear off one of you will be left hollow and in constant pain from the death of your mate." I explained "Which would've given Karayan an advantage over us." Kaleb gasped in realization. I nodded "And mom stopped it." Reuben smiled sadly "Yeah..." He chuckled "She's amazing..." I laughed softly "Yes she is..." I nodded. I left them in the living room heading to my office. I sat on the chair and sighed tiredly. Jade... What am I supposed to do? I'm lost without you by my side. I thought sighing again. I closed my eyes hoping to stop the tears that wanted to fall.

At first, all I saw was darkness, then images flashed through my mind. The witches, they were under attack. Move your ass! If you don't do something now they'll all die!  Jade's witch Scarlet stated causing me to bolt up and out of the office. I decided that the vampires will do good in this fight since they can keep up with the Shadows this time. Anna I need your help. I mind linked her as headed out the door "Kaleb! You're in charge while I'm gone. Assist Kyle in whatever he needs and make sure your sister doesn't leave the pack grounds!" I said as I passed by the boys still holding onto their mates. He looked up at me with hard slightly dull eyes. "Sure dad." I nodded and went to speed off but stopped "Make sure that all of you watch over your mates. He's targeting us the most..." They all looked at me.

"We are who everyone's looking to now at times like this. Jade's...death took it's toll on everyone, she was their light and anchor to a lot things. She made sure that everyone was protected and Karyan wanted her out the way." They snarled "He got her out the way but she left us clues on how to encounter most of his attacks. Love is the strongest one and we are the voice of reason to it. We're standing in his way of plunging the world into endless hate and pain so if we fall he wins." I looked them all in their eyes "I don't intend to lose this war. Cause if I do, everything Jade did would be for nothing. He will try to bring the family down and the only way he can is if you let him." I looked at Reuben "Your emotions, sadness, loss, pain. He's feeding off of it. I want you to gather it all and turn it into rage for when we get our hands on him. " he nodded and I nodded back before I speed off.

You're holding up well. I'm proud of you for not breaking down. As you said they need you, you're the anchor now. So make sure to don't fall. Diamond whispered in my mind. How can I still here you all? I asked hoping for an answer but got none in return. When I reached close to the witch's castle I saw Anna. She looked at me with sad lifeless eyes making me frown. Before I can ask her anything she dropped to her knees with tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry. I failed as her guardian, her friend! I couldn't get to her in time! I-I-" she stumbled over her words as her sobs grew louder. I kneeled and brought her into a hug. "Sshhh …it's okay..." I pulled away from from the hug "We're all handling Jade's death differently but we feel the same and if you keep crying and blaming yourself Karyan can get to you faster. He wants us all dead we're the pillars that are keeping the love and everything in the world that's good, incorruptible and he needs us gone to take that away."

I helped her up and she dusted herself off "Right now the witches are being attacked. We need to help them fight back." She nodded and we ran to the witches castle. Blood was everywhere. Lots of Karyan's followers were dead on the floor but so were some of the witches. Moving fast we burst through the door seeing Ashley fighting with a vengeance "If you think you can come up in here and hurt my family you're wrong!" She yelled lpas she blasted one to ashes. "Find and help as many witches as you can but be careful some witches are in fact with Karyan." Anna stated and the vampires who had appeared behind us scattered. I appeared behind Ryan setting a blaze one of the turned demons. She instantly turned to ash.

Ryan looked at me his purple eyes shining bright with rage, I raised an eyebrow at him. "I know, I know... Karyan can use my rage against me but he took away my aunt and dad's not functioning properly knowing that she's dead. It makes mad!" Fire flared into his hands and he shot it at the heard of wolves coming at us. I made the green fire that I controlled into a long fire staff. "I don't blame you just don't get consumed by it." I said. Once he nodded I speed off where it had the most demon wolves, turned vampires and witches "You'll all rue the day that you turned against your queen!" I stated in my royalty voice. Their eyes flashed in fear. "You shall all die!" I yelled before diving head first into the crowd.

As soon as my fire touched them it made their skin burn off instantly and ripped through their muscles and bones just as easy. The moment I stabbed one he whimpered loudly in pain from the shear heat before it stopped move seconds later. They all came at me and I began cutting them up. I cut one wolf vertically another horizontally, a witch became decapitated, and I chopped off a demons arms. I was huffing in anger and felt heat rise up to my chest and smoke emitted from my mouth and nose. Knowing what to do I took a deep breath and then blew fire on all Karyan's followers. They screamed as they burned in my fire.

Eventually their screams died down and I looked around seeing the witches attending to their fallen or injured. I went around to help them also. I looked around noticing that Jayson was missing. I sighed using my hearing to lead me to him "WHERE.IS.HE?!" Jayson yelled holding onto the demon that he didn't kill. I walked over to them changing into my demon form. His dark and angry aura caught both of their attention. "Let me try..." Derek growled out smoke emitting from his mouth as if he was about to breath fire on him again. This made the demon cower in fear.

"You're going to tell us were Karayan is or else." We growled he spit blood on out jacket. "Never." I smirked then began laughing wickedly. I grabbed the demon by his collar making him look directly into my eyes. "I was hoping you'd say that. I have a lot of anger towards demons like you..." I smirked at him before dragging him away.

*********************************

Another chapter, though it's a little late heh....sorry?

Jade: Sorry? Sorry? SORRY?! YOU KILLED ME!!! KARAYAN IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS SORRY?!

*shrug* Well it was either you or Adriana that died. Make a decision

Jade: Me obviously, I'd die a thousand times again to keep my pack and children out if his hands.

There you have it. All you can do is watch. Poor you.

Jade: ....

Anyways

Vote

Comment

Press the star thingy. ...please 🙏🙏🙏