Arc 22

The moonlight from outside barely illuminated the office.

The anxiety began to build up, and as Kurapika gazed at you it only made it worse. You couldn't tell what was on his mind anymore, and it even made you tremble a little bit.

You watched as he paused for a moment before lifting a hand up to his ear to fumble with the crimson red earring.

"Whatever relationship you think we have, (Y/n)-san," You flinched at the formality, "We don't."

A sharp pain attacked your chest, and you couldn't help but clench your fists—hard. It hurt that even after all you've been through at the exam, he just put behind him like it was nothing.

You hastily grabbed the collar of his shirt, not caring if you crumpled it. "These past months, I've tried so hard not to miss any of it.." Tears began to well up in your eyes as you locked gazes with him. "I even took the time to think about you, you asshole! And you just treat me like this?!"

He returned the intense stare you gave him, "I never asked for you to worry about me—"

"But the problem is that I did!" You screamed, "You may not want anybody to care about you, but do you know how hard it is to not have someone?"

You loosened your grip on his collar as the tears fell down you cheeks. "You, of all people, should know how that feels."

You tore your eyes away from his black irises, averting your gaze to the floor. Even though you couldn't see his face, you could feel his stare. "It's sucks being alone—it sucks crying yourself to sleep every night.. Didn't it mean anything to you when we laughed with Gon, Killua, and Leorio? Didn't it mean anything to you when we had so much fun that we slept peacefully?"

Finally, you looked up, and the blonde still seemed emotionless. "It hurts, Kurapika." Your voice cracked as you met his stone hard black irises. "It hurts that our friendship came to this."

Your brows furrowed as you walked away from him, leaving him in the darkness.

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ —

Chappy Question:

Do you play an instrument?

Love, Kai( ◠‿◠ )