Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy's POV:

Ugh! I hate homework. So I decided to procrastinate and have a bath. I ease myself into a tub of hot water. I read and kept adding hot water to keep the bath warm until my mom came home.

"Amy?" she called from downstairs. "It's me! I'm home!" I was a spitting image of her, only she was much taller and prettier.

She was using her "good-mood" voice. I got out of the bath and dressed and went downstairs. I greeted my mom with a warm hug. "Hi mom," I smiled.

"Tonight's the night, hun!" she screamed jumping up and down. My father had been in New York working all week, but was flying into LA tonight.

Over the next hour or so, I watched as she neatly filled a picnic basket which included a bottle of fancy red wine. She put on her silky black dinner dress and her Chanel No.5 perfume.

****

"How do I look?" Mom winked, picking up the picnic basket.

"Absolutely stunning" I said glaring in amazement.

"Amy, remember, Keep the locks locked and don't wait up."

Mom had invited me to along to the airport but I decided to stay home. I had a strange feeling in my stomach and I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

I suddenly hear knock on the door. I'm so eager to see who it is but I remember what my mom said, "keep the locks locked".

I thought maybe if I look into the window I could find out who it was.

"HOLY SHIT!!!" I scream to see that Julie's face was squished against the window.

I hear her muffled voice, "Let me in, it's freezing out here!"

"Hold on" I say unlocking the locks on the door, "What's up?" I whisper, looking confused.

"Can I come in?" She went in anyway.

"...Yeah, go ahead"

"I need to talk to you about Matthew"

Matthew, why him? I can't help but feel weird, the sick feeling in my stomach comes back again.

"Why?" I say, breaking my thoughts.

"He is bad news. He umm...he-"

"What is it Julie? Spit it out!" I pleaded.

"Well if you shut up maybe I'll tell you." I rolled my eyes and waited for her to carry on.

"Anyways, he did some things." she said terrified

"What thin-" I was cut of by the sound of the locks being unlocked.

It was mom. Had it been hours already? I quickly turned my head to the clock, it's only been one hour, how could she possibly been home so quickly? I couldn't let her know that I let anyone in, so I had to do what I had to do.

I shoved her under my bed and I'd sneak her out later in the night.

I know, I know, it's risky but I had to take that chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's kind of a boring chapter but don't hate, I've got something good up my sleeve.

Vote, share, and comment

~Polarice