Chapter Three

What... she loves me?!

Once again she kisses me on the lips, I jerked my head and pushed her away again, I glared at her and shouted "What is this?! A joke?!"

She just tilted her head and crossed her arms "What do you mean?"

There's no way I'll believe her. She once tried to fool children to play with her, and then she'll feed them to her tree... But now... that she grown... she can't attract children anymore, she'll attract stupid boys who'll fall for her. Luckily I hate love... It disgusts me.

"I won't fall for your stupid tricks... I've learned from before, that I shouldn't trust you!" I shouted at her, as I grab my bag and run to my classroom.

When I got there, I locked the door and looked out the window to see what she was doing. And I was once again disgusted. She was twirling around under a tree that had heads, arms, and legs hanging out of it, that's what I call heartless.

I'm also wondering, why only thugs are here so early? And why is there no other students arriving? This is just getting weirder... could it be that she planned all this?!

I looked out window again, the thugs' body parts were slowly going in the tree and she happily watched. I want to look away, but I can't ... My curious mind want to know everything.

30 minutes have past; the tree was still devouring their body parts... I got tired of watching...  I rested my head on the table, I wasn't that scared anymore... after 30 minutes of watching that... I kind of got used to it... how horrible. I observed Maria as well, she looked normal, just like an ordinary girl... maybe something's just wrong with her mind that makes her love slaughter so much, the other thing... what is that carnivorous tree?.. Where did it start? Those questions floated in my head keeping me away from reality... I only got back when a gust of wind hit the window.

I looked out again to see that the tree was back to normal, flowers started to grow around it, then sunshine started to shine, you'd think it was a beautiful view but I knew the story behind it.

I looked around for her... but I can't... I CAN'T SEE HER! She's not there!

Behind me, I heard the classroom door open, I slowly turn around to check, but I didn't want to, I hate it when my body moves on its own. When I can almost see her... she suddenly attacked me with a hug. “There’s still 15 minutes before others arrive... want do you want to do?" she whispered

I was too afraid to answer. She brushed my hair backwards and said "Answer me" she held my chin and made me face her again, there I think she saw the fear in my eyes, she grinned and kissed me again. I pushed her away and spitted out her saliva, what is it with her! Doesn't she get it that I don't like what she's doing? She chuckled and sat on my lap, I glared at her, my fear slowly went away, it was turning to annoyance! "You're not afraid anymore... good!" she smiled and leaned on my chest. I was really getting irritated.

"I'll answer any question without anything in exchange" she looked at me with narrow eyes and a grin. I didn't believe her, but I also didn't want to pass up an opportunity like this. I turned away and asked "Are  ... you human?"

"Yes... I am...”

The fact that she's human made me feel a little easy... "What is that tree?" I asked next

"That's an experiment, the best one!" She answered as she made me face her.

"Was it the same tree as the one I saw when I was a child?"

She shook her head and frowned, trying to look all innocent "That tree was removed, to build a supermarket."

A supermarket? I'll check on it later...

If she's human... why does she want to see others perish? If that tree's an experiment, why does it look natural? Should I believe her?

I wanted to ask her this, a long time ago...

"Why are you killing people?"

She smiled with her eyes closed and said "I don't kill people... my parents do, I just help!"

My eyes widened, is she really innocent? Is it all her parents doing? I turned away. "Explain everything, why aren't others arriving yet? Why are thugs the one who arrived early? And why didn't you kill me with them?" I didn't want to believe what she was saying... but she had no reason to lie to me. So I thought of changing the subject.

She stood up and twirled around the classroom. "Others aren't arriving yet because the message you received last night was a fake, written by yours truly, I only sent it to you and the three guys." She leaned towards my face and once again smiled " I heard they were bullies so I chose them, the reason I sent you guys that message is because the tree wanted something to eat, even though thugs aren't worthy, it was the best I can do at such short notice." she then sat at the table in front of me, "so there, their lust lead them to their death. My tree was happy, and I was happy!"

"You still haven't answered my last question!" I shouted, I really hated how her plan went according to plan!

"Oh... haven't I answered it yet? Well I'll answer it again!" she leaned her face over to mine and kissed me once again. As she breaks free, she whispered in my ears again...

.

.

"I love you Joseph Strauss"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Yes, I know it ended with the same lines as the previous chapter... it's just that... I had a hard time thinking how it would end.

XD

Okay let's wait for the next chapter.