Chapter Thirty One

"You're what?" Maria and I were shocked to the core.

This couldn't be true right? Him connected to the Tree too?! How was that even possible?!

"I'm connected to the tree." he stated so calmly, but there was a hint of irritation in his voice.

"HOW?!" I stood up and shouted, "How could you be connected to the tree!?"

"How about asking her?" Jian pointed Maria and I immediately turned to her just to find herholding her mouth with wide eyes.

"Do you know anything about this, Maria!?" I asked her with a raised voice. This couldn't be possible, right? This couldn't be!

"I-I don't know anything..." she shook her head. "B-but... his story sounded familliar." she then looked at me.

I didn't want to admit it. I hated to admit it. But it couldn't be dodged now.

My brother, Maria and I are the same. I couldn't believe it. The people I wanted to hate are the people who experienced the same things I experienced. It's so unfair!

"The Clara Family is so loving, don't you think?" I snapped my head at Jian and he was wearing such a broken smile.

What does he mean?

"If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be alive now Joseph."

I was dumbfounded. Jian was also saved by a Clara. I turned to look at Maria and she was equally confused. What did he really mean?! Why must he speak in riddles!?

I stomped towards him, held his collar, pulled him towards me as I glared at him with gritted teeth. "Just go straightthe point, dammit!" I said as I threw him back to his sit. "How are you connected to the tree?! What does the Clara family have to do with this?! Answer me, Jian!"

He looked at me seriously.

"You're not the only half-sibling I have, Joseph."

I was frozen.

"My mother was loving indeed, too loving if you ask. She hid me in a basement for three years, just to 'keep me safe'. She didn't want her current family knowing about me because she didn't know what his husband might do to me. His husband was also a doctor and a scientist. The two of them were working on an experiment. An experiment we all know."

He can't be serious!

"Let's start from the last to get connected, a ten-year old boy who fell from the top of a ferris wheel, that was you Joseph. Before you was I, a boy who got hit hy a dump truck and the first was a female infant that had a weak immune system."

I look at Maria and she was hard as ice too. I couldn't take it all in anymore, but I'm sure he was talking about her.

"The first baby girl was their daughter, You." he pointed at Maria with a glare.

"Whether the two of us like or not, we're siblings too. Both our moms saved us."

It's such a surprise how your whole life can turn into a lie just after one day. Jian is Maria's and my half-brother. Jian has the same Mom as Maria and he has the same father as mine. His Mom connected him to the tree. He's connected to the tree too. He has to depend on the tree too.

Maria stood up and walked away, stumbling a little along the way. Good thing I was able to catch her. "H-hey."

"I-I'm fine, Joseph. I just need to rest this in. I..."

I silenced her with a small peck on her lips. I know how she's feeling. She must be tired.

"Good Night." I greeted her. She just smiled at me weakly and went her way to my Mother's room.