Chapter Twenty Three

I jolted waking up. Panting and sweaty. I found myself in a hospital room and connected to a heart machine. The machine was beating fast, way out of it's rythm -probably because of the dream I had- I tried to calm myself down, and tried to catch my breathe. Luckily, it wasn't for long before I could return to my normal state.

What happened? I asked myself as I looked around. There was no doubt that I was in a hospital room, and it was dark inside and out. So it was night time. A sudden pain shoots up from my back and I hugged myself for restraint. Slowly reaching for my back, I came in contact with a wet sensation. What is it? Is my back wet? Obviously it was... but... with what?

When I retreated my arm and looked at my hand, my eyes completely widened.

"Blood?"

I felt a sudden slice behind me and I fell to the ground, chest forward. I could feel myself slowly getting soaked... in what..? I-in… blood? My blood?! He suddenly attacked me?! What the hell! I thought he needed me! Why would he suddenly do this?!

“C’mon Joseph, I thought you were stronger than this… I thought you’d like to see me suffer, but look who’s suffering now.”

I clenched my fists and bit my lip. That bastard. I never thought he'd do something so lethal, especially when he said he needed me. What the hell is he planning?

"Tsk" I just snapped my head away in anger and finally calmed down. First I should treat my wounds first. I should change my bandages. I reached for the drawer beside my bed and found a roll of it. I removed my white shirt followed by the overused bandages, staring at both of it, it seems like I lost too much blood. "Heh. I'm still alive after all that?" my sight darkened. Don't tell me Maria--

"Joseph?" I snapped my head to the direction of the window, to find her coming in. Just like me, she was covered with blood, well, her clothes at least. I knew it... she once again killed and fed the tree for my sake. "I'm so happy... you're okay.", tears started to form under her eyes. I was caught off guard. She started to wail and I couldn't handle the sound of a girl crying, so I came to her direction and tried to calm her down.

"U-um... Shh...Maria, it's not your fault so stop crying." I said as I patted her head.

"B-but if I only came with you... t-then... he wouldn't have the chance to attack you" she cried louder. For someone who sneaked into a hospital way after visiting hours with bloody clothes on, she sure knows how to make a ruckus.

"Please Maria... Stop crying." the wound on my back started to hurt. Contact with the wind made it sting. "C-could you... put this bandage on me?" I asked with soft eyes, hoping that she'd calm down.

"S-sure." and I was surprised that she fell for it easily. The second I gave her the roll of bandage, she stared at me, and suddenly blushed. "Those scars fit you very well Joseph, it makes you look more hot." 

I almost forgot that she was a stalker, a girl who is very addicted to me. I wonder when I got used to her sick moves. "If you do something weird I'll kill you." I threathened and turned around.

It was a few minutes of silence as she wrapped the bandage around me. That's when my dream popped into my mind. Not only was she the girl in the park, she was also the girl in the hospital. Just how long was she a part of my life? On the day she attacked me... Wait... Did she really attack me? The girl I knew back then wouldn't attack me... then... What might be the reason that happened?

I would like to ask her all of this but... in our current situation, wouldn't it just complicate things? So... I'll just let it be for now.

"There... all done." when she patted my back, it was too hard! I jumped off and shouted.

"Gee... Thanks." I said with a hint of annoyance.

"You're Welcome" but I think she didn't see it, instead she gave me a sweet smile.

I went back to my bed and threw myself on it, completely forgetting about my wound. As a result, a thousand bolts of pain. I shouted not too loud, but it echoed the room. Ugh! I'm such an idiot.

"Does it hurt, Joseph?" Maria moved fast. The next thing I knew, she was right on top of me wearing a lustful grin.

I first stared at her surprised, then I just laughed it off. "If it does, what are you going to do about it?" I didn't know what I was saying, but it didn't feel wrong at all. Even at the point that her face was getting closer to mine, I even ignored the fact that I wasn't wearing a shirt. 

The next thing I knew, she was kissing me. But it was just a soft and slight kiss on the lips, it only took a second and we seperated.

She showed me an innocent smile and asked "Better?"

I wasn't able to answer immediately, I was too mesmerized to speak. That's all? was what flashed in my mind, then I blushed realizing my thoughts. What the hell am I thinking.

"Joseph?" she tilted her head in confusion. I immediately sat up and nodded rapidly. I shouldn't let her see that part of me. It was just a whim, an accidental thinking. "Joseph... are you blushing?" I jumped at her statement.

"I-I'M NOT!" I shouted.

"Ohohoho... aren't you now?" she teased me with her smile.

"I told you I'm not." I looked away trying to hide my now more blushing face.

"Did you want more?" I knew she'd think that.

If she stays here longer... she might get caught. I looked at the time, and it was a little pass midnight. Are Nurses and doctors checking on their patients at this time of night? Anyway... Maria still needs to go to school tomorrow.

"You should leave now Maria" I said trying to change the subject "It might be night, but on your way home someone might see you in those clothes, and you know what happens next." I warned. 

She thought for a while andsighed in defeat. "You're right... I have to go..." she jumped off me and walked towards the window, I followed to see her off.

She placed a leg on the window pane before turning to me and saying "see you tomorrow, get better soon." 

I just nodded, smiled and answered "Okay..."

Taking a better look at it, I saw a... grappling hook? So that's how she got up here. Hmph. She is full of surprises. I watched her climb down, but before I could let her climb further, I shouted not to loud, but just enough for her to hear me.

"Oh... By the way Maria... I did want more." I said with a grin.

Her head shot up, but I have already closed ang locked my window by then. She won't return after that right? The window is locked and there's no way she'd enter by breaking a locked window.

Hey. It's her fault. If she also wanted more, then she should've did it.

I slapped myself. What the hell am I thinking?!

 That carefree night was erased first thing the next morning.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE?!!?" I literally jumped off the bed on the sight of my father visting me in the hospital. I stood on the furthest corner making sure that I'm no where near him. But the next thing that surprised me that, he was with my mom.

"Calm down Joseph." she told me, but it was obvious that I couldn't do such a thing.

"Why is he here?!" I shouted once more.

"Shut up and sit down you fool!" oh... Is he commanding me?! He is not my boss!

"Just please sit down, Joseph" but as soon as my mother pleaded, I calmed down and sat on my bed, still making sure that he was no where near me.

"Now, Joseph... Your Mother has something to tell you" the guy said with a smile on his face. What the hell is he happy about?! "Pack your bags... We're going on a trip." My eyes widened and my jaw literally dropped. I looked at my mother with a look of disbelief and shook my head.

"He's lying right?" I asked... but she didn't answer. "MOM?!"

"I'm sorry dear... but, you need to come with your father."

And with that... My whole world fell apart.