Last Letter

• Dedicated kay the ones who care

Soundtrack of this chapter: It Ends Tonight by All Americans Reject & Good Life by One Republic

***********

The only sounds were the clock on the wall that's ticking, the pen I'm holding as I write. And the fading sounds of the fireworks nearby. I continued to move my hands as I write on this letter, the last chapter of my life. The last...

I stretched my hands that's tired of writing the whole day. I slowly stood up from my chair because I can feel my feet close to being ground. And I can't afford that. I've been doing this the whole day and finally, I've finished the last chapter. I smiled to myself as I stared at the last letter I've finished.

One last letter, Freah...and you're done.

I'm happy that I'm close to finishing this but, why am I frowning? And why do I feel this uneasy feeling inside me? What the?

I frowned.

I gave my body on last stretch as I slumped back on my chair. I tapped my fingers and took a new sheet of paper. I picked up my pen and started writing the Last Letter.

It is New Year's Eve and I'm aware that you guys are together with your families, or your lover. Or with your sibling. Hell, you're with someone that's matters. As for me, I'm here. Locked inside my room, trying to write a tale based on real life events. Based on my story, actually. And I'm writing these letters to I-don't-know-who and I don't even know why. I don't know the reason why. I just...did.

 I chuckled. Thinking about the next paragraphs I would write and searching for words in my mind when I saw something move on the side of my eyes. I looked outside the window that's in front of me but I saw nothing. I shrugged. Maybe it's just a cat or something because I'm pretty sure all the people are inside their houses, waiting for New Year. 

I didn't mind what I just...saw? And I continued writing on the paper lying on my desk.

The idea of writing these letters just crossed my mind a few days ago, I was crying in front of God, asking for guidance, praying, thanking him. When something came into my mind... Why don't I tell my story and make you guys believe that it's better to fight it and continue moving forward than to cry and give up. Even though you're getting this advice from a dead girl, I want you to know that it's for the best. Because I know that when the day come and you solve that problem you once called 'BIG' and 'IMPOSSIBLE' you would only laugh and say... 'I did it.'

I wiped the tear that escaped my eye. I put the pen down lying next to the letter I'm currently trying to finish. I got up on my feet and went straight to the kitchen to get me a glass of cold water. I drank the water fast with only one thing on my mind.

I must finish the last letter...

I didn't mind the fact that Cadi was barking because she's scared of the fireworks that's booming in the night sky.

My eyes are blurry. Caused by crying the whole day as I try to finish the letters and my body that's getting weak each seconds that's passing. Guess every second do count huh?

I slumped back to the chair, I inhaled. Picked up my pen and once again, I continued writing.

I don't really know what to write, as this is the last letter and all. And I've told you all my secrets. I told you my life.

I smiled.

I thought of writing these letters days ago but I only started writing them this morning. Because I was debating with myself. Shall I leave without telling someone my life story? Or, shall I leave without a smile, knowing I didn't encourage someone to not give up... That was the two things I've been debating to. And now that I'm here, writing this, I guess I want to tell you my story and encourage you or something. But...