Chapter 23.

Today I woke up around 11 am, and immediately got up to go make some breakfast. I have to go to the Image Awards today with my bestfriend Nia so I have to start my day early unless I want to be dragging the entire day.

I decided on some French toast and eggs, something simple. Then after making and eating my breakfast, I went back upstairs to brush my teeth and shower. My beauty team should be here in a few so I have to take care of my hygiene first before they come.

Knock Knock

"COMING!!"I yelled rushing down the stairs to open the door.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning Marie where's Dania?"

"Right here!"

"Hey Dania, you smell good."

"Thanks, means a lot from a legend,"she joked.

"Okay ladies, umm give me a few and I should be downstairs, did y'all see my assistant on the way up here?"

"Nope, want me to call him?"Marie offered.

"Please."

I went upstairs to put some clothes on before walking back downstairs into my den where everyone was at.

"Did he answer?"

"He should be up here at any minute."

"Good morning ladies,"my assistant James said walking in.

"Good morning did you get my dress?"

"Yes ma'am right here."

"Awesome, now let's make me pretty,"I said as we laughed. I love my beauty team.
_____________________________

"You look absolutely gorgeous friend."

"Thanks Ni you do too."

"You ready to slay these bitches?"

"Whatever you say,"I said laughing.

It was after 6 pm and we finally made it to the Image Awards and I admit that I'm very excited. It's not my first, but I love supporting my friends and watching them be great.

We walked onto the red carpet and I saw many familiar faces. I never really get to experience this side of Hollywood because I'm usually around musicians.

"Hello ladies, you both look absolutely gorgeous."

"Heyyy Taye, this is Toni Braxton."

"Oh I know who she is, huge fan by the way,"he greeted.

"Likewise."

"So where's your wife?"Nia asked.

"Divorced."

"Oh right I forgot I'm sorry to hear that."

"No it's fine really, I was thinking maybe I could treat my new wife to a glass of champagne later,"he said looking at me.