Chapter 5.

"Girl tell me everything,"Nia said driving me back home.

"He just asked me out nothing major,"I responded.

"Baby girl that is major he's like....hell maybe it isn't that major,"she sighed.

"Yea he's not no superstar, but he's cool people like an everyday guy,"I said.

"Well good for you,"she said turning on my street.

"Thanks for a good time though I really needed it,"I said gathering my purse and keys.

"No problem so when will I see you again?"she asked.

"Well my Daddy's party is tomorrow and there's no telling when I might have work, so I will get back to you on that,"I said.

"You right well goodnight Toni, love you,"she said hugging me.

"Love you too, goodnight,"I said getting out.

I walked up to my front door, listening as Nia's car rolled pass, and opened my door walking in. I kicked my shoes off and grabbed them. I then walked into the kitchen fixing me a glass of wine to take with me upstairs. It's kind of scary being in this big house alone sometimes....Anyways once I made it upstairs, I tossed my shoes to the side and set my wine glass on the nightstand so I could get ready for bed. I didn't really sweat from dancing tonight so I guess I'll shower in the morning. When I was done taking my clothes off, I got straight into bed turning my lamp on and turning on the television. I grabbed my wine and started watching Fresh Prince slowly drifting off to sleep.

_________________________________

"Toni baby you're doing it all wrong,"Mommy said.

"What?"I asked confused.

"Here hold the tape,"she said giving it to me.

"Don't fall Mommy,"I said.

"I won't, hand me a balloon and some tape,"she said hanging up the decorations for Daddy's party tonight.

"Okay,"I said watching,"Be careful."

"Thank you Toni,"she said as I helped her down,"What time is it?"

"Almost 3 pm,"I said.

"Oh shoot well we better hurry up, did you tell your catering friends 5 o'clock to bring the food?"she asked.

"Of course,"I said.

"So are you and Keri riding together?"she asked.

"Is Keri invited?"I asked curiously.

"Well of course he is, that's Braxton's son he never had,"she said.

"Fuckkk,"I said.

"Mouth young lady,"she said.

"I'm sorry it's just,"I started.

"What are you mad at him right now or something?"she asked.

"Mommy we broke up,"I admitted.

"Whatttt?"she asked,"Whyyy?"

"He never really cared about me Mommy, he's been consistently cheating on me for a bit over a year,"I said.

"Awwww baby come here,"she said hugging me,"I'm so sorry I didn't know."

"It's just, I don't know what I did to make him not love me enough to not hurt me so bad,"I cried in her chest.

"It's okay sweetie it's not your fault he didn"t see how great of a woman you are,"she said,"You want me to call him and tell him not to come?"

"I'd be selfish if I said yes, but it's Daddy's party and if he wants him here then it's fine with me,"I said wiping my fallen tears,"I don't have to speak to him, I'd make sure to ignore him."