Air Catcher

"Hey, I'm on my way. I figured we could hang out for a while today." you told (f/n). you were in your car getting ready to drive to her house. you hadnt hung out in a while, so you thought it would be fun. Especially now that Tyler and Josh are going to come over.
"Okay, I'll see you soon!" she said.
"Oh, by the way, I called Josh earlier and he said He might come over too with Josh later. If that's okay," you said.
"Yeah, that's fine. It'll be fun!"
"Yeah! Well, see you soon!"
"Okay, bye!" you hung up and pulled out of the parking lot. Her house wasn't super far. When you finally got there, (f/n) was already out to greet you.
"What's up?"
"Not much. How bout you?"
"The same." you walked inside. you sat on the couch. (f/n) headed to the piano. It was a small keyboard in the corner.
"Want to hear a song I wrote for you?" she said, sitting on the stool.
"You wrote another one?" you asked with a smile. you had sparked an interest in her.
"Yeah, turns out, it's not that hard. And I think it's pretty fun." you smiled. It was good you helped her find something she liked.
"Sure, I'd love to hear it." you finally said. She smiled and looked at the keys.
"I'm just playing how the words are sang. Since I can't play really well yet and I'm tone deaf, as you know." you chuckled and nodded. It was true. She was tone deaf when it came to singing, but when it came to playing an instrument, she can match notes perfectly. She started to play how the words went. It sounded nice. It was firm and sweet like you like. she got to a part that you assumed to be the chorus. It sounded nice. Eventually, she got to the bridge. It was different, but matched really well. you liked it. It built up to the chorus again. It was beautiful. It sounded like an award winning song to you. When it was over, all you could do was smile.
"That was great!" you said. "Even though it was just words, it still sounded good!" (f/n) smiled.
"Thanks! Oh, here's the words. You might want to read them." She handed you a piece of paper. you looked it over.

**********************************

As you read the song, you smiled. It was a song you could definitely see yourself singing. The lyrics sounded like a song Tyler would write. Well, some of it, that is.

"It looks great!" you said. "Can you play it again so I can learn it?" you asked.
"Sure," (f/n) said. She went back to the keyboard. She started to play the first note. you sang along.

you went through the song a few times. When you thought it was a good time to take a break, you both  decided to go for pizza.
"Maybe you can meet Jason." you said with a smirk. He worked until 1:00. It was only 12:27.
"Ha, okay. But your driving," she said, heading towards the door.
"Okay, fine." you laughed. you got in the car and drove to the pizza place. 

When you  walked in, you saw Jason taking someone else's order. you waited in line. He didn't notice you were here yet. When (f/n) saw him, she blushed.
"Oh, I know him." she whispered.
"You do?"
"Yeah. We were friends since kindergarten until I moved in 4th grade. Then we never spoke." you froze. you wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not now.
"I used to like him though. And I think I still do," she finished. you sighed a breath of relief. She still liked him. Maybe this could work.
"Have a good day," Jason's voice rang out. you stepped up to the counter. Jason noticed (f/n) right off the bat. His face turned pink. (f/n) blushed. Her head pulled down. Jason shuffled his feet.
"H-hey," (f/n) stuttered. "Long time no see."
"Y-yeah," Jason replied. They both wouldn't make eye contact. They seemed extremely nervous. you Dont blame them, though. This was like When Josh and you first met. you were super nervous too.
"So, um..what Can I get you all?" Jason finally spoke. He looked up at you. (f/n) still had her head down.
"Hm," you thought. you turned to (f/n). "Sausage?" you ask. (f/n) lifted her head and turned to you.
"Sure, sounds good," you could tell she was trying to forget about Jason, even though he was right there.  you confirmed your order and (f/n) kept her focus on the counter.
"Alright, coming right up," Jason left to retrieve the pizza. When he was gone, (f/n) spoke.
"I Dont think he likes me," she said, trailing her fingers on the edge of the counter. "But I like him."
"Are you kidding?" you said. you directed your attention to her. "Any guy would be lucky to have you! Your sweet, kind, beautiful, smart, funny, and talented! Who wouldn't like you? In sure he does." you said. She smiled. Her fingers continued to trace the edge of the counter.
"You think so?" her fingers stopped and she looked up at you.
"I know so,"
"I Dont know," she said, looking back down. She looked more disappointed than you did when that girl kissed Josh. Whatever her name was. Makela, was it?
"Here you are, one, large sausage pizza," Jason said, setting the pizza down on the counter. (f/n) removed her hand and looked at her shoes. Jason glanced at her.
"Um...(f/n)?" He stuttered.
"Yes?" she said, slightly looking up.
"Would you wanna...hang out later?" He said. His face was red like (f/n)s was. She lifted her head and smiled at him.
"Sure, that sounds fun," she said. you felt happy for her. you knew this was what she wanted. Or, somewhat close to it.
"Cool, may be we could meet at the coffee shop down town around 2:30?" Jason's blush was hidden by a smile.
"Sounds good," she said. Her blush was barely hidden by her smile.
"Good, I guess I'll see you then," he smiled.
"Yeah, I'll see you then," (f/n) said. Her hands were in front of her, with her two index fingers and middle fingers intersected. She always did this when she felt in love. you smiled at them. Realizing you still had to pay for your pizza, you reached in your pocket and pulled out $3 and two quarters. you sat them on the counter. Jason didn't even notice.
"Well, well see you later, Jason," you smiled.
"Yeah, bye!" he smiled. (f/n) and you left for the car. When you got in, (f/n) let out a loving sigh.
"Happy aren't ya?" you said with a  smile. She smiled and bridge a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Yeah, really happy!" she said. you smiled.
"That's good," it made you happy to know that she was happy. As you drive out of the parking lot, you had your eyes on the road. you knew you had to be careful, since this was Meg's  car. you still have yet to get another one. It may be a while. you were on the road when (f/n) spoke again.
"I Dont know if I can do this," she said. She sounded worried.
"I'm sure you'll do okay, just be yourself," you said, your eyes still on the road.
"But what if he doesn't like myself?" she asked. She looked at me, then out her window. you looked over at her.
"I know he will like you. He would be crazy if-" you were cut off by your scream as you turned back to the road. you pulled the steering wheel to the right. you were jarred by the uneven ground. you had pulled off the road. you heard a bump and a groan. you pulled back onto the road with a yank and pulled over. When the car finally slammed to a stop, you looked over to (f/n). Her hand was on the side of her head. She looked at you like she was in pain, which you could imagine she was.
"Are you okay?" you asked, out of breath.
"What was that?" she panted. you looked at the road behind. There were black tire marks on the road where you were.
"Someone on the other side of the road," you said. you got out of the car and looked it over. The back, left side was hit. That must be what the bump was. The bottom of the car was covered in mud and grass for when you went off the road. you had to, though. If you hadn't, you would have collided head on. you crossed your arms and placed a hand on your forehead in exasperation. The other driver didn't even bother to stop. you looked at the road once more. The tire marks were formed on both sides of the road. you looked back at the dented side. Meg is going to kill you. you heard (f/n)s door open. She came to where you were to see the damage. She gasped. you let out a heavy breath of air. your hand covered your mouth so you wouldn't curse. you were so close to letting those words slip out.
"That car. It hit us?" (f/n) asked. Her eyes were glued to the damage.
"He was on our side of the road. He was coming straight for us. I had to pull us off the road so he wouldn't hit us. Obviously that damn plan didn't go well." you said. you kicked a rock that was on the side of the road. It hit the tire.
"What was wrong with that guy?" she asked, looking back at the road. you assumed she was studying the tire marks.
"Probably a damn drunk," you said. you couldn't believe you were stuck in another accident. This wasn't even your car.
"Yeah. If it was a texter, they would probably stop to help us."
"Yeah. But this person didn't." (f/n) muttered something under her breath. you understood it. And you agreed. your attention was drawn back to another car that stopped on the side of the road in front of your car. A talk, black man got out and walked towards you.
"Are you ladies alright?" he asked in a kind voice. He wore a white t-shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. His shoes were black vans.
"Yeah," you said. "But our car isn't." the man stood by your side and looked at the car. He examined it carefully.
"I'll pay for the repair," he offered. you were thrown off guard by this.
"Wait, no, no, no. I can't ask you to do that. you weren't even a part of the accident. I can pay it."
"No, that's alright. I insist." the man flashed a sweet smile. No matter how sweet he was, you couldn't ask him to do this. "By the looks of it, it shouldn't be too much. I insist. I'll pay it for you," he finished.
"But you weren't even involved," (f/n) repeated. She was just as shocked as you was.
"I know, but I want to help you all. I was raised to love people. Even of you Dont know them. I come from a family that didnt have much, and we weren't treated right. I want to treat people the way I never got treated. I want to treat you all with as much kindness as I have." you felt bad for this man. He wasn't treated well in the past, and he didnt have much. He shouldn't be doing this, but who were you to argue with this man? If he wants to help this bad, you might as well let him. God knows you can't afford it anyways. After a moment of consideration, you spoke.
"Are you sure you want to do this?"
"Absolutely. And I won't take no for an answer." he smiled. you chuckled.
"Only if your sure," you said.
"I'm positively sure," he smiled. you both thanked him deeply. He went back to his car to get a check. He filled it out for $10,000.
"Whatever is left," he said, handing you the check. "You can keep." he smiled at you. you were in shock. There's no way it would use all of this. There was also no way you were just going to keep all the money.
"Woah," you said. "I can't keep the rest if it doesn't get used. Its your money,"
"I Dont need that money. You need it more. And I'm willing to give it to you,"
"But this is a lot more than we need for this,"
"I know. But I can tell you need it for more than just this." He could tell? Were your clothes bad? you had on a black shirt that read "Orlando" and skinny jeans. you had your red converse on. you hope you didn't look trashy to him. But how did he know that you really needed the money? Finally, you said,
"Thank you. Your a good man. But are you absolutely sure?" the man chuckled.
"Of course I'm sure." He said. He flashed His smile again.
"Thank you, sir. This means a lot." you smiled at him.
"Yes, thank you so much." (f/n) chimed in. The man smiled.
"How can we ever repay you?" you asked.
"The only payment I need is knowing you guys are happy." he smiled. you smiled too.
"We are. Thank you so much, mr....?" you said. you was hoping he'd say his name.
"Oh, my name is Wesley." he said.
"Okay. Well thank you so much, Wesley. It means a lot to us," you smiled. (f/n) smiled too.
"No problem. Anything to put a smile on your troubled faces." he smiled and left. When his car pulled away, you turned to Aurora.
"That was so nice of him," you said.
"Yeah, I Dont know anyone who is that willing to give money to a stranger."
"Yeah. Especially $10,000!"
"This isn't worth that much, though," she said, turning towards the dent. "Only about $3,000-$5,000." you looked back at the damage, too.
"Yeah. Depending on who fixed it, of course."
"And insurance." she added. you nodded. Some people could really rip you off. you felt your phone buzz. you pulled it out of your pocket and looked to see who it was. It was Josh. That's when you remembered they were supposed to come to visit. you groaned about the accident and the fact that you forgot. you answered.
"Hey," you said, non-enthusiastic.
"Hey. Um, were at the door and getting no answer. Are you guys out somewhere?" you could hear Tyler's chuckle in the background.
"Yeah, sorry. We had," you looked at the car again and sighed. "a Bit of a delay. We should be back soon."
"Oh. What kind of delay?" he asked.
"I'll explain when we get back." you said. you didn't feel like talking about it over The phone. Or at all, really, but you know talking about it will help you feel better.
"Okay. Well, well see you soon," he said.
"Okay. Bye," you said. you felt bad when you hung up. you was in a bad mood so you wasn't your usual, cheery self. you hope you didn't upset Him in any way.
"Who was it?" (f/n) asked. you sighed again. you looked at your phone, then put it back in your pocket.
"Josh," you said, finally answering. "Their at the house."
"Oh. I guess we should get going then."
"Yeah." you got back into the dented car, and started your way back. As you drove,  you looked at (f/n).
"Is your head okay?" you asked, remembering that she hit her head.
"Yeah, its fine." she said. She rubbed it. you turned back to the road. "Probably a knot now, but it's not broken,"
"Well, its good it's not broken," you chuckled. A moment of silence passed before (f/n) spoke up.
"Oh, by the way, For some reason I wanted to ask you something," she started. She looked at you. "Did you have any strange dreams last night?" you thought this was an odd question, but she was your friend, so you could trust her with it.
"Well," Iyou started. A smile threatened to grow across your face. "That's not the word I would use to describe it."
"What word would you choose then?" she said. She looked interested. you chuckled.
"The best dream," you said.
"But that's a phrase," she laughed. She was such a smart-allic sometimes. you laughed too.
"Yup. And it's the one I choose." you laughed.
"So. What was your, "the best dream'?" she asked, using the phrase you picked to describe it.
"Well, it was basically about me and Josh." you said. A blush filled your face.
"Oh? And what were you guys doing?"
"Well...we were...getting married," you managed to say. you hope it wasn't weird. A smile grew across her face, as one did on yours.
"Awe! That's so cute!" she said. you smiled. It was the best dream you had ever had.
"Yeah, it was the best," you chuckled. you remembered the dream.
you was in a big yard with bright green grass. There were rows of chairs and flowers. you were walking towards something like a stage, but smaller and white. you hadnt reached the isle yet. There was a banner of flowers and music notes overhead. There were people sitting in the chairs, but their faces were blurry. you couldn't make out who they were. There was a man on the platform by the alter. It was Josh. He had on a suit and tie. He was so handsome. you never thought any one could possibly look as good as He did in a tux. He looked at you and smiled as you walked closer. On the other side of the platform, was a girl In a short white dress. It was (f/n). She smile at you and gave you a big thumbs up as you entered the isle. you smiled back. Music started playing. It was wedding music. you couldn't tell where it was coming from. you felt excited. you had on a white wedding dress. The hem line was filled with music notes. your hair With curls. your bouquet was filled with roses and orchids. your favorite flowers. you walked closer and up the steps to the stage-like platform. Josh removed the veil covering your face. you smile and so does he. The preacher began to say his piece. Josh and you were looking at each other the entire time. your hearts in sync. you Dont know what the preacher said, except when he said,
"Josh Dun," He started. Josh drove his attention to him. "Do you take (y/n) to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health, 'Till death do you part?" he looked back to you. your red lips in a smile.
"I do," he smiled.
"And You, (y/n)," you directed your attention to the preacher.
"Do you take Josh Dun to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness and in health, 'till death do you part?"
you looked back at him, still all smiles.
"I do," you said.
"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife! You may kiss the bride," he said. He backed away and you came closer until your lips locked. There was an applaud. you couldn't have been happier.

At that moment, (f/n)was staring at you as if you had told her the entire story. Maybe you did. Or maybe she could just tell.
"Sounds like it was a sweet dream," she said with a smile. She acted like she had heard it before. Had you had this dream before? Had you told her about it already? you Dont remember telling anyone about your dream, except to her. Soon, you arrive at. (f/n)s house. Josh and Tyler were sitting in their car. you felt bad for them, but at the same time, you wanted to laugh. (f/n) and you exited the car, and unlocked the door. Josh appears behind you.
"Is that the delay you guys had?" he asked, gesturing to the car. you internally groan again. you turned to the car and nod.
"Some jerk-wad hit us."
"A drunk." (f/n) clarified.
"A drunk hit you? Are you all alright?" Josh said, looking you over.
"Yeah, were fine." you said. "But the car isn't."
"At least it's not too bad," Tyler said. He was by the dent. "Doesn't look like it would be too expensive."
"That's what we thought." (f/n) started. "But a random man came to help us."
"How so?" Josh asked. He stood by the car with Tyler.
"He insisted to pay for the repairs. He handed us a check for $10,000," (f/n) said. you pulled the check from your pocket. It was completely filled out. Even with the memo and the name.
"Even though we tried to tell him it as okay, and he didn't need to pay." you said.
"But he just kept insisting. He was so nice." (f/n) finished. Josh and Tyler looked shocked.
"Wow," Tyler said. "I can't believe he gave you that much money,"
"I know," you said. you was in shock myself.
"Not just anyone gives that much money away that easily." (f/n) said.
"No kidding," Josh replied. It was silent for a moment and you decided to unlock the door. As you did, you heard (f/n)'s voice whisper something. you couldn't make out what she said, nor did you  know who it was to. This worried you a little,  but you knew (f/n) wouldn't do something behind your back. you trusted her. As you opened the door you walked in to sit the pizza down on the coffee table. you was about to get the others when you heard a voice.
"Really?" it was Josh. He sounded shocked, but happy. "No way," you could tell he was smiling. This made you smile. But what were they talking about? Deciding against asking, you  walked out there.
"Okay, if you guys want pizza, we have sausage," you smiled. They all looked at you.
"Cool, that's my favorite," Josh and Tyler said in unison. They looked at each other and laughed. you did too. They were too adorable. you all walked in and sat on the couch. As you ate your pizza, you chatted about dreams. you only hoped they didn't bring up your dream.
"So," (f/n) started. you had all finished your pizzas. The box was now empty. "Who wants to play Truth or Dare?" she glanced at Josh and you. This worried you.
"Sure, that sounds fun," Tyler said. Tyler and (f/n) looked at each other as if they had this planned.
"Okay, me first," (f/n) said. She didn't even wait for Josh's reply or yours. "Josh," she said. "Truth or Dare?" Josh looked a little afraid. you didn't blame him.
"Dare,"  he said, taking the challenge. (f/n) had an evil grin. This scared you.
"I dare you," she started.  Josh came closer to you. you were wondering if he was worried like you. "To tell (y/n)  your dream last night!" Josh looked at you. you looked at him. you only hoped it was good.
"Okay," he said. you became nervous. "Basically, my dream was that you and I, got married." he smiled. you smiled too.
"Really? That was my dream too!" you said. you blushed at my outburst.
"I knew it!" Tyler blurted. He was quiet, then he cleared his throat. "I told Josh that if you had the same dream, at he same time, on the same day, then it means you all are meant to be,"
"Like soul mate's?" you asked. you were hoping this was what He meant. your heart raced in excitement to find out.
"Yeah," he smiled. Josh looked at you and smiled. you did too. you laid your head on his shoulder and he took your hand.
"I was hoping you had he same dream," he said. He kissed your forehead. you smiled. This made your day, and it had just begun. He's stolen your air, catcher.