Anathema

Josh's POV

I tossed and turned all night. I just couldn't sleep. (y/n) was on my mind, and I couldn't get her off. I sneaked a peak at my phone. It was 1:27. I tried not to wake Tyler up while looking at the time. We were still on the tour bus, heading home. I was glad (y/n) didnt live too far from me. I caught a glimpse of a shadow hanging from the top bunk. I jumped at the sight.
"Can't you sleep?" The figure said. I sighed a breath of relief when I realized it was Tyler.
"No." I said, laying on my back, staring at the bottom of Tyler's bunk.
"Me either." Tyler jumped down and sat in the chair beside our bunks. I assumed it was so he could see me better to talk. Even though it was dark.
"Why cant you sleep?" I asked him, curious.
"Cause the dark's not taking prisoners tonight," he joked. I laughed.
"Don't wanna be Taken by Sleep?" I joked along. He laughed.
"I dont really know why I cant sleep. I guess I just sense your stress and it gets to me." we chuckled. I was stressed.
"How did you know I was stressed?"
"Like I said, I can sense it. Plus, you never get to this point. You always fall asleep faster than me. I know because I hear you snore," he laughed. I laughed while he mimicked my snore.
"I dont snore," I laughed.
"Yes you do," he laughed. "Barely, but you do," we both laughed. When we caught our breaths, Tyler spoke up.
"So why cant you sleep?" he turned to me. I couldn't really see, but I could tell he was reclined in the chair, looking in my direction for my answer.
"Uh, I dont know,"
"Josh," he said in a serious tone. He really wanted to know.
"Okay, okay. I...I Can't get (y/n) off my mind," I said. I could feel my face getting red. Good thing it was dark so he couldnt see my face.
"Aw," he cooed.
"S-shut up," I said, chuckling. "I thought you didnt want us together anyways?" I said, remembering how he had acted when I kissed her. The thought of her being so close to me came back. I remembered the feeling of her lips on mine. The smell of her perfume. I longed to be with her again. Last night was amazing. I loved spending time with her. Who knew we had so much in common? Her laughs rang through my head. How I longed to hear them again. How I longed to hold her in my arms. From the moment I met her I knew she was different. I knew she wasnt an ordinary fan.
"I didnt at first," I was pulled out of my thoughts by Tyler. I forgot I asked him something.
"But then I realised how good you two would be for each other. You guys have so much in common. I didnt realise how much you liked her. And how much she likes you."
"Wait," I jolted up and winced at the pain of my head hitting the wood. "how much she likes me? What do you mean?"
"I can tell by how she acts. Haven't you ever noticed how much she laughs, chuckled, or giggles when shes around you? Laughing is how girls get rid of nervous energy. And a girl is always nervous around a guy she likes."
"Or shes just nervous because shes with celebrities," I said, making a good point.
"She doesnt do that with me though."
"...She doesn't hang out with you much." Tyler was silent.
"Okay, then, Mr. Smart guy. How about I hang out with her for a day, and if she doesnt laugh as much as she does with you, Then it proves me right. She likes you."
"Deal." I agreed. I lied my head back down on my pillow. I knew there was no way he would win this bet, because there was no way she liked me. Every girl acts this way when meeting their favorite celebrity. Im just way in over my head. I just cant seem to make my love for her go away. There's something  about her that I really admire. Something I love about her. I dont know what it is. I just, feel something.
"Alright, then, its settled." I was pulled back to Earth at Tyler's statement.
"Ill hang out with her tomorrow. Well see who wins this. The loser has to tell (y/n) how they truly feel about her."
"Then I guess you better figure out how you feel about her," I smirked.
"Well, I love her with all my heart," I jolted back up.
"What?" My head hit the bed again, and I winced at the pain. Tyler just laughed. I rubbed the spot to show it hurt. But then I realized he couldnt see me.
"Im kidding, man. You know I'm married."
"Yeah, I know." I said. Don't get me wrong, I love Jenna and all, but ever since she came along, Tyler hasnt spent much time with me. Which I know he's supposed to be with His wife, but it still hurts when your best friend leaves you.
"Well, Im gonna try to get some shut eye. Hopefully I can sleep now." Tyler said,
"Yeah, me too. But now you've got me wondering if she really likes me or not. Now I dont know for sure like I thought I did." I said laying back down. My hands were behind my head. This was comfortable. For some reason I thought of (y/n) and I sitting on a beach, watching the waves come into the sand. Not sure why this popped up, but it gave me an idea.
"Now shes really on your mind, huh?"
"Yup. Thanks," I said sarcastically. Tyler chuckled.
"Well maybe you'll dream of her."
"Yeah. Now I really want to get to sleep," I chuckled. Tyler joined with me. It was silent for a little while, so I decided to pop in my ear buds. Music helped me sleep. I always try to listen to music while I sleep. It keeps nightmares away. At least, thats what I thought since I was a kid. Ever since I was little I always listened to music either right before, or when I was sleeping. Ive never had a nightmare since. I played Falling Too by Tyler and his brothers. He didnt know I had this on my playlist, but I really likes this album. I started to drift asleep when my phone lit up.
"Can't sleep. Hope im not waking you."  a smile grew on my face as soon as I saw who it was from. Id rather stay awake and talk to her than get some sleep and dream of her. Talking to her was real. I preferred that.
"No. I cant sleep either.." I responded.
"Why cant you sleep?"  I sent in another text.
"Just thinking of last night...It was fun :)"   I smiled. At least I knew she was thinking about us spending time together.
"Me too. Glad you had fun :)"
"Thanks for inviting me:)"
"Np :p :)"
"Lol :) well my phones about to die. goodnight :)"
"Ok, goodnight :)" I was a little disappointed when she has to leave, But at least I could sleep a little better knowing she was thinking about the time we spent together. My music switched to Hear Me Now. This was a good song. I started to drift asleep, with (y/n) on my mind. I couldn't wait to see her again. Tomorrow Tyler should find out some things that can help me man up and tell her. Boy, that'll be the day. Not until I know how she feels. Or I have a good idea. I had no idea what tomorrow had in store for me, but I had a feeling it would be good. Thats when my eyes opened again.
"Tyler, you awake?"
"Yea. Still cant sleep?" he chuckled.
"I think I can now, But I have an idea for tomorrow."