I'm Right Here

Peter finishes checking on me and helps me sit up. I hold the blue rose in between my fingertips, examining the delicate petals and intricate veins. 

"Is it okay if I let them in?" He asks and I nod.

 "Sure why not, they give such beautiful roses. I'll have to thank them." I tell him and he raises an eyebrow. 

"Mmm-kay, you really are clueless huh?" He says and shakes his head while walking out of the room.

 Then she enters.

I knew who she was as soon as she stepped foot into the room and gently closed the door behind her. 

"Hi..."

 She whispers gently from a big black hoodie and sweatpants. I look away from her, taking a sip of water and hoping I looked to presentable to some degree when knowing fully well that in reality, I looked like shit in front of both the love of my life and queen of my country. 

"So you found me,"

I croak and she leans over my hospital bed, gently kissing my forehead.

 "So I have." She tilts up her hood so she can look into my eyes and I can see the concern and sadness in her face. 

"Luna, I'm fine." I cough and take a sip of water. 

"Clearly you're not, otherwise you wouldn't be here Shawn." She says my real name and I choke. 

It was so weird to hear her say it, with her soft beautiful voice.

 "How did you know it was me?" I ask when I come out of my coughing fit. She sits on the side of my bed and looks down at her hands. 

"I don't really know. I was going over the news with my advisors and saw your picture. I can't really describe it but I looked at it closer and got this feeling." She says. I reach over with my hand over hers and her delicate fingers intertwine with mine.

 "I know the feeling you're describing," I admit and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. 

"Then how could you do this! How could you let yourself fall so far knowing how much I love you!" she chokes out and the beautiful tears fall.

 I quickly wrap my arm around her and her head falls against my chest. My hospital gown soon grew wet with her tears as I try to calm her down. 

"Shh I know, I know. But I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere Luna." I tell her and she sighs looking up at me. 

"When I'm around everyone else I have to be the symbol of elegance, and an uptight queen ready for anything. But when I'm with you I feel like I can just be your beautiful Luna with no titles attached. No Bowing or formalities. You're my person Shawn. The one who keeps me sane and I can't live or do my duty as queen without you." She says honestly and I take every word into account. 

"I know. I feel like I'm not forgotten as long as I have you."