The Verdict

The video is watched by the judge and the case is instantly dismissed. 

Turns out the girl set me up because she wanted money and this was all for nothing. 

Darcy's death was for nothing. 

Which for some reason only made me feel worse.

When we leave the courts more questions are asked but I was so exhausted I felt like I was going to collapse.

 When we finally reach the car I feel my legs give out from under me.

The Queen's Pathos

(Leilani POV)

"Oh wow, the poor guy," I mutter as I take a sip of hot passion fruit tea while reading the news on my holo tablet. The headlines read of Shawn Grayson's set up, but that wasn't the worst news. 

The sight of him made my heart ache with sympathy. 

There were before and after pictures showed side to side and he looked so gaunt compared to before it was almost as if he was a dead man walking. 

"Ah yes, now let us move on to more pressing matters." My advisers announce but I can't take my eyes off the picture. 

He looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on it. I know he's a Grayson and their pictures are everywhere but Shawn seems...

wait.

 I drop the tablet as I make the connection and slap my hand to my mouth. 

"Oh god." I rush from the room suddenly feeling sick to my stomach.

 "Your royal highness!" My advisors call after me and I recompose myself and turn around. 

"Please excuse me for the day. I believe I've taken ill. We shall reconvene tomorrow." I tell them and they bow to me, then I rush up the stairs to my room. 

Closing the door behind me, I slide down the wall and clap my hand to my mouth. 

Of course.

 It all makes sense now. 

I wondered why he hadn't come to visit me on our 16th birthday. I laid in bed for weeks depressed about the situation. But all this time he was occupied with his own guilt and grief. 

"Oh my lonely Eli," I cry feeling his pain wash over me. 

"Shawn...his real name is Shawn."

 There's such power that comes with saying his name out loud.

 "I'm in love with Shawn Grayson."