Hidden

I line up the shot with my bow and arrow

I line up the shot with my bow and arrow. Quickly working out the calculations so it would hit Godzilla sized monster's chest. 

"Do you really think this is going to work?"

 I ask over the communicator, taking cross breeze into account and moving the shot a little to the left. "I worked on that chemical arrow for five months, it better work," Pierce says back and I let go of the arrow.

 It sticks the landing as always, but at first, it does nothing.

"Pierce I think we have du..." 

The monster suddenly explodes in a blinding burst of light. The sheer force of the explosion sends me flying backward through the brick wall behind me.

 I cough out the dust as I look down at my uniform that was ripped to shreds, however, my body went unharmed. 

"Fucking hell Pierce! You could have warned me!" I cough into the communicator as I get up again. No normal human being could withstand that amount of force.

 I guess that's why they sent me.

 "With your powers, I thought I didn't have too." I can hear Pierce snickering and curse him out under my breath. "Ah goddammit!" I yell at myself as I look down at my bow which was snapped in half knowing Peter was going to rip a new one when he saw it. 

I take a step out of the same hole I made created and examine the remnants of the monster.

 "It's gone."

	"Hey girl!" I squeal as Darcy runs up to me at high speeds and leaps into my arms

 "Jeez, what happened to you?" Luke asks as he walks past me in the hallway. 

"One word, can you guess what it is?" I groan and he laughs, 

"Pierce?" Luke pets Darcy's head and continues walking down the hall while studying his tablet.

 "I need a shower," I grumble to myself and walk up the grand staircase only to be confronted with the large french windows and the blatanty obvious full moon staring me in the face.

 "Argh," I quickly turning right back around, telling Darcy to go wait in my room.

"People are still trying to figure out who you are."

 Luna says as she cast a stroke on the canvas. "I know, I see it in the news every day. It's kind of ridiculous now considering it's been what? Two years." I giggle as I try as hard as I can not to get dust from today's fight on the floors of her beautiful bedroom. She looks up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes. Her silky brown hair tied back in a braid and eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

 "How is your suit destroyed, but you can stand before me without any visible injury?" She asks and I shrug.

 "I might be a tad but inhuman," I tell her honestly and she only nods.

 "Cool."

Did the queen just say cool? 

And why do I feel like every full moon she only gets more and more beautiful. 

OR maybe I'm just imagining things and she's always been this beautiful. 

I just never noticed.

 God, I'm an idiot.

"How inhuman?" She asks as she continues painting as if I only told her I have favorite color. 

"Ah, nothing special or really cool. Just super strength." I try not to brag but flex my muscles and she giggles. 

"Eli, you're always special to me." She says and I look down at the ground while leaning against her bedpost.

 There's a tiny scratch on the floor from when we were little and I accidentally dug an 's' into the ground with a calligraphy pen.

 Her smile was one I never forget and it seems like she continues to drift in my and out of my mind more frequently these days.

 "Next time you come, we'll be sixteen." She smiles and I nod.

 "I was kind of hoping you would forget to be honest." I sigh and she smiles.

 "How could I forget?! That's going to be the most important day of my life!" She yells at me and does one final stroke of the brush before leaning the brush against the wall.

 "I just...I don't want you to be disappointed is all," I tell her and she stands up, taking my leather gloves into her soft perfect little hands.

 "Eli, I honestly don't care who you are or what you look like. I promise I'll feel the same way about you then as I do today," She says and gives my hands a gentle squeeze. 

"And how do you feel about me?" I ask.

 She looks into my eyes and smiles. 

"That you can find out on the day you reveal yourself to me."