Three : Three

Chanyeol's POV

My eyelids flutter open, revealing the beauty beside me. Baekhyun's messy hair is draped over his face and spilled onto the pillows in a random and perfect way. I hug him close and let my eyes wander to the wedding rings on our nightstand. I caress Baekhyun's face with gentle fingertips. I can't believe you're mine. What did I do to deserve you?

"What did I do in my past life to deserve you?" (One : Three)

I feel Baekhyun shift in my hold. I watch as he opens his eyes and yawn quietly. "Morning, Yeol. Were you up long?"

I kiss him lightly on the forehead. "Not at all."

Baekhyun buries his head into the crook of my neck. "Mm, how can you smell so good in the morning?" I smile.

Baekhyun's POV

Chanyeol's throaty morning voice tickles my ear. "Haven't I always?"

I laugh, indulging myself with his husky scent once more. "I'm glad it's a Saturday."

Chanyeol wraps his arms around me. "Me too."

I suddenly feel a tingling sensation on my side. "Yeol, stop it!"

Chanyeol looks at me innocently. "What? I'm not doing anything."

"Yeol!" I'm trying to hold back my laughter.

"What?" The tickles get worse.

"Park Chanyeol!" I roll onto my back. Chanyeol follows me down and straddles me, still trailing his hands down my side. He chuckles at the sight of me struggling to get away.

"Is it really that bad, love?"

I whine. "I'm going to murder you later."

"You wouldn't dare to. You love me too much."

"I, I, ah, forget it." I'm still trying to get away.

"Cat got your tongue?" Chanyeol snickers as he tickles me mercilessly.

"Yeol!" He pins my hands above my head.

"I regret sleeping without a shirt on." I mutter.

"What was that?" Chanyeol whispering with his morning voice is enough to make me weak. I stop struggling.

Chanyeol finally stops tickling me, though he doesn't move from where he is. My hands are still pinned. "I'll let you go, for now." Chanyeol presses kisses on my mouth before I get a chance to respond.

"How did I even end up with you?" I murmur, not really expecting an answer.

"You ran into me during our senior year of high school." Chanyeol plays with my hair, working out the tangles.

"You know, I been wanting to ask you this. Why me? I was mute. You could have anyone, why me?"

Chanyeol smiles. "I was wondering when you would ask that."

I punch his arm lightly. "I didn't mean to inflate your ego, you know." He kisses me once on the forehead. "I know. I was just saying."

"Fine. Carry on, carry on."

"You didn't try to get my attention, unlike all the others. I doubt you even liked me back then."

I shake my head lightly. "I still admired you. You were always so easy going, and you never had trouble making friends." I pause. "I still admire you for that."

Chanyeol entwines our fingers under the covers. "Anyways, You seemed lonely. At first I was just trying to be friendly."

I snort indignantly. "Sure."

Chanyeol ignores my comment. "I guess I wanted to protect you after I found out how hard your life was. That eventually turned to infatuation, and then to love." He touches my face lightly. "It's even more than love now."

"Is there a word that means more than love?"

A silence settles on us. We're simply enjoying being close to each other. What a life I've had. What a life.

And I wouldn't change a thing.