One : Four

"What did you just say?"

I mentally shake my head as Chanyeol blows a tiny fuse at her. Welp, that's not how I wanted today to go. I tug on Chanyeol sleeve, dragging him inside the building.

'Calm down.'

"I'm fine."

'We say that a lot, don't we?'

"We do, but I really am fine." He ruffles my hair while opening his locker. I look around surveying the students that were starting to come in. The click of Chanyeol's lock and the calming fingers on my neck bring me back from dreamland as we continue down the hall.

I slide into my usual seat in the back of the room. Chanyeol puts his books down on the desk next to mine. He sits down, lacing our fingers under the desk discreetly. I smile at the contact, pulling out a book as to not be too obvious. I'm startled when the bell rings, and I hastily hug Chanyeol before dashing out of the classroom.

***

"I just got a text from my parents, they're coming home tonight." Chanyeol hugs me close.

'Now I'm nervous.'

"Don't be." He kisses me gently, not caring if the other students saw us. I rest my head on his chest, enjoying the comfort and security.

***

"Are you ready?"

'Almost.'

"They'll be here in five minutes, give or take."

I step out from the bathroom, twirling a bit. Chanyeol gives me two thumbs up and a kiss. "You look great, just..." he reaches up and messes my hair. "There. Wouldn't want you looking too uptight." We hear the creak of the door opening and Chanyeol runs down the stairs. I follow behind him carefully.

I turn the corner and see Chanyeol hugging his mother tightly. His father is standing behind him, watching. Chanyeol's mother is slightly shorter than Chanyeol and has a warm smile. She seems homely. Chanyeol's father looks gruff and protective and is even taller than Chanyeol. He looks scary.

I walk down the stairs, trying not to draw attention. Chanyeol, of course, sees me and waves me over. Once I reach Chanyeol's side he wraps his arms around me, resting his chin on my head and gently rocking us side to side. "Chanyeol, who's this?" Chanyeol gently squeezes my arm. I shake my head. I can't talk! Chanyeol rubs my back soothingly and answers for me. "This is Baekhyun, my boyfriend." I slightly bury my face into his chest, not expecting him to be so upfront about our relationship.

His parents look at us in surprise. "Boyfriend? Chanyeol, when did you two start dating?"

Chanyeol scratches his head. "A couple days, less than a week." Mrs. Park looks mildly surprised while Chanyeol's father looks like his going to throw me out. I quickly divert my gaze from his parents, not wanting to see.

"Chanyeol honey, a couple days? Isn't that too short?" Mrs. Park sounds concerned.

"You caught us at the start of our relationship, unlucky, I guess."

The gruff voice of Mr. Park breaks in. "I haven't heard him say a word."

Chanyeol quickly covers for me. "He's not much of a big talker. And very shy. Dad, I think you're scaring him."

Mrs. Park smiles at me. "You should learn from him a little bit then, Chanyeol. You always talk a lot anyways."

Mr. Park interjects again. "Let's talk on the couch."