Two : One

Baekhyun's POV

Over the years after Chanyeol left, I went to speech therapy and learn to talk. So now, as I walk into the campus for my last year in college, I don't feel as trapped. Looking around I see a lot of familiar faces. "Sehun!" I jog over to the tall blond. Sehun had a bubble tea and his papers in one hand, his other arm wrapped around Luhan, who also had a stack of papers in his arms.

Seeing the two of them always brings back memories from three years ago. Though I never show it, I am just a little bit jealous, though it is more of longing than anything else. I still remember being hugged like that by Chanyeol, still remember the feeling of being loved. I am happy for Sehun though, he's an amazing person that deserves to be loved. I just wish that I could have the same.

"Hey!"

I turn around. "Kyungsoo?" I give him a massive hug. "Kyungie! I missed you! How have you been?"

Kyungsoo smiles. "I've been great! It's gotten better! I'm rooming with Jongin now!" Kyungsoo has always had something for the tan younger. "Who are you rooming with? Do you know?"

I shrug. "I'm about to go and get my papers." Biding them a goodbye I head off into the main building.

As I step inside the air conditioned room I can't help but overhear a conversation.

"Did you hear that Chanyeol is back?"

"Park Chanyeol? The kid that disappeared at the end of high school? He's back?"

"That's him. They say he's gotten even more handsome."

"I wonder who he's rooming with."

"Whoever it is, they're so lucky! I'm jealous!"

I freeze. Chanyeol's back? My heart drops to my stomach. I don't know if I can face him again. What if he's in my classes? Does he still remember me? Of course he doesn't. Why would he? I step up to the desk, flashing my student ID. I get handed a couple of papers. Dragging my suitcase along, I head toward the dorms. Once I'm in I pick out the paper that has the dorm assignments on it.

Room : D267

Roommate : Park Chanyeol

I stare at the paper, blinking a couple times to make sure this wasn't a trick of the light. Nope. The paper remained the same. I sigh. Three years ago, I would have been overjoyed at the news. But that was three years ago. Times have changed. I trudge into the elevator, selecting floor D. Hello ex.

264, 265, 266, 267.

I stopped in front of my dorm. I could hear the clinking of glass that indicated someone was inside. I ditched the key, opting to knock on the door.

Chanyeol's POV

I turn down the stove at the sound of knuckles on wood. Peeping into the peephole my heart stopped. The person outside resembles my first love, who's name I can't remember, one who I foolishly ran away from because he was mute. I had refused to love after that. A little part of me held on to the fact that it really was him. But it shattered when I opened the door and a melodic voice floated by. "Um, I'm Byun Baekhyun. I'll be rooming with you for this year. Take care of me please." He shyly bowed. Baekhyun's actions reminded me so much of my first love's. So much that I almost couldn't move. My eyes clouded with tears that threatened to fall.

Baekhyun's POV

"Take care of me please." I bowed, nervous. I felt Chanyeol's gaze trained on me. He didn't say anything. He didn't remember me after all. Maybe he found someone else. I wouldn't blame him. I look up, and saw Chanyeol's dark colored eyes, the same as before, misted with tears. Even though it's been so long, even though he left me, a part of me broke seeing him like that. I stepped inside, pulling the door shut. Chanyeol leaned on the door, his eyes never leaving mine. Unexpectedly, a tear fell. I hugged him, letting him cry on me. Even after all this time, he did the exact same thing, bury his head into my hair. I still remember the times he used to mess up my hair just for the fun of it. He always did love my hair. A wave of emotions hit me and I let a tear trail down my face. Two hearts, crying for the same, but different reasons. I inhale his scent, even after three years, the same word describes it.