Two : Two

I don't want to either.

***

I stumble into my dorm, tired after a long day of classes. I pull out my book on music theory. First week into classes and we already have exams. Honestly, I can't be complaining. This is the fourth year I've done music, being unable to sing in my adolescent years. How much did I miss out on because of this? I flip to the bookmarked page and begin to drill myself with facts.

Soon the text becomes a blur on the paper. I mark the page and close the book. I yawn, looking at the clock. 1 am. I could probably keep going for another hour or two. I head out of my room, going into the kitchen for a drink of water. I peek into the kitchen, seeing Chanyeol in front of the microwave. I sigh. I can't avoid him forever. I grab a cup and get water from the refrigerator tap.

"Hey." Chanyeol acknowledges me with a nod of the head. I click my tongue in response, not wanting to talk. I get out of the kitchen as quickly as I can. It's too awkward being with him for long periods of time. I long for the days of the past, when I could be with him for days on end and not get tired. I miss him.

***

I walk into drama class, the one class I have with my dorm mate. Apparently, we both have an aptitude for acting. Like usual, there's a whole lot of girls uh, what's the term, fangirling over him. I roll my eyes. Some things never change.

...girls, fawning over my looks and such. (One : One)

To my surprise, Chanyeol doesn't flirt back. What's stopping him?

Chanyeol's POV

I pay the people around me no mind. I refuse to love someone that is not him.

Baekhyun's POV

I take a seat in the back corner of the room. Just like the old days. The professor comes in and starts class off by throwing us a paper with a couple of lines on it. A script for two characters. I immediately note that one of the characters doesn't have any lines. I suck in a breath. Really? Really? Of all the thing she had to choose from. This is the one she picks? I exhale, my fingers on my temple.

"All right class, I'm sure that by now, all of you have realized that one of the characters doesn't have any lines. I picked this one on purpose because you all need to practice conveying emotion without speech." The professor clears her throat. "Now, I need two volunteers." Hands go up, I'm not one of them. "Um, Park Chanyeol, come on up. I'll let you choose your acting partner." This instantly spurs an commotion among Chanyeol's followers, a few are waving their hands in the air frantically, while others are busy putting on makeup and perfecting their hair. I roll my eyes, picking up a book.

Chanyeol's POV

"I'll let you choose your acting partner." This causes most of the girls that were sitting next to me to starting screaming and waving their hands, drawing attention to themselves in general. I sigh. To be honest, I don't know why I volunteered. The script hit too close to home for my liking. Well, I'm up here now. I don't really have a choice in the matter.

I scan the room, ignoring the girls in the crowd. My eyes focus on my roommate, who's engrossed in a book. "Byun Baekhyun. I choose Baekhyun as my partner." The words escape my mouth, the name sounding familiar on my tongue. Baekhyun looks up in surprise. He blinks and walks down, getting some glares from the girls.

Baekhyun's POV

Why did he call me? Whatever. I walk down to stand beside him, ignoring the stares, looks of distaste and jealousy. I toggle my weight from one foot to the other, nervous. I hear Chanyeol's soft whisper in my ear, so familiar, yet coated with a layer of dust. "Which role do you want?"