Three : Two

I burst into the studio, people eyeing me as if I've gone mad. To be honest, I probably have at this point. I can't believe I've been so stupid. Baekhyun, where are you?

I look around, spying the director in the corner of the room. "Where's Baekhyun?"
The director looks up. "I think he went into his dressing room or something. Why?" I give a rushed bow and race off.

Baekhyun's POV

The door to my dressing room slams open. A disheveled Chanyeol stands in its place.

Chanyeol's POV

I rush forward, engulfing Baekhyun in a hug. Baekhyun stumbles backwards, landing in his chair. He shoves me off him and glares. "What are you doing? I thought I made it clear that I don't want to have anything to do with you right now."

"Baek, I- "

"Are you going to lecture me about how I acted earlier? Save it."

"No, just hear me out."

"Give me one good reason."

I drop to his eye level. "I know what you meant by lies."

He rolls his eyes. "So you finally learn to read in between the lines. Took you long enough. Fine, carry on."

"Look me in the eye."

He fixes his gaze on me.

"Do you still love me?"

Baekhyun scoffs. "I knew this was coming. So what if I do? It's now going to change anything, is it?

"Baekhyun, I'm st-"

"Are you going to formally apologize after five years? I don't need you to tell me I made a mistake." He stands up.

"No!" I pull him back down. Now we're both sitting on the carpet floor. "I made a mistake."

"In what? Getting my hopes up? Forget it, this is pointless."

"Give me another chance." The words come out as a whisper.

"I've given you countless chances."

"Please." My voice comes out strained. I'm begging him now. "Please, I can't live without you."

"You seemed to fare fine for five years."

"I never forgot you. Even if I didn't recognize you, I never forgot you." I grip his arm. "Please. Forgive me. Please."

Baekhyun doesn't say anything.

"I miss you, I was wrong, I was a coward, I was naive, I love you, I still love you." There. I said it.

"You still love me." Baekhyun shakes his head disbelievingly. "You broke my heart, you know that?"

"Give me a chance to mend it then. Please."

"How do I know that you not just messing with me?"

I stare. "I thought you were good at reading people! What happened?"

Baekhyun smiles. "You remembered."

"I never forgot."

"You already have." Baekhyun hugs me tight.

"What?" My mind isn't functioning right now, I'm still overwhelmed.

"Mended my heart." Baekhyun touches his chest, right where his heart is. "You healed it the moment you told me you love me." He murmurs, his voice soft in my ear.

I pull him forward, placing him in my lap while I fondle his hair. The silky strands flow through my fingers like they did five years ago, unchanged. Baekhyun laughs. "You still love my hair." He comments wryly.

I nod. "Your laugh is so pretty, you know that?" I tell him lovingly.

He faces me. "I'm glad you got to hear it." I kiss him softly, relishing the feeling of a slow, relaxed kiss.

In it, I murmur, "I'll love you for all the years to come."

***

"I'll love you for all the years to come." I mouth the words along with the me on the screen. As the screen goes dark, I tighten my arms around Baekhyun, who's dressed in a stunning black suit that looks amazing on him. "I still can't believe that we're at our movie premiere."

Baekhyun looks up and gives me a kiss. "The story of our lives."

I smile gently. "Not quite." My eyes return to the screen anxiously waiting for the clip that I planned after the movie. The clip Baekhyun doesn't even know I filmed. I fiddle with the small box that goes along with the extra bit and brace myself.

Baekhyun's POV

The screen lights up again. I look at Chanyeol, surprised. Chanyeol only smiles and points back at the screen. The camera shakes then focuses on a figure in the center. Chanyeol. He opens his mouth and the whole room vibrates with the sound of his voice.

"Baekhyun, I bet you weren't expecting this right?" The Chanyeol on screen laughs. "Well, I don't want to do it here, so turn around once the lights come back on." The screen goes dark and slowly the room lights turn on. I turn around, confused. My confusion turns to shock when I realize that Chanyeol is on one knee, with a beautiful ring in his hand.

"Baek, I know our relationship isn't perfect. We lived out our lives three times now and still haven't gotten it right. But one thing has always stayed the same, my love for you. I still love you, and I'll always love you for all the years to come. So Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?

I'm snapped out of my stupor as a beam of light bounces off the ring, making it sparkle. I lock eyes with the person holding the ring, his expression filled with love and passion. "Yes!" I spring into his arms, he staggers a little, then slips the ring on. The entire audience bursts into applause.

Even through the noise, I hear Chanyeol's husky whisper brush my ear. "This is amazing. Truly amazing. I love you."

***