One : One

Chanyeol's POV

I shut the school doors behind me, announcing my arrival. Instantly, I find a few of my friends by my side. We talk about the things we did over the weekend, school gossip, stuff of the sort. On either side of me I saw students, mostly girls, fawning over my looks and such. I bat a hand at them and you could practically hear the collective sighs that went up around us. I stop at my locker, my friends lost in the crowd. That's when I felt someone walk into me.

Baekhyun's POV

As I walked into the school I felt people's eyes on me. Their whispers surrounded me and their stares judging. I kept my head down, eyes on my laces as I walked forward. Of course it would just so happen that Park Chanyeol would be right there. My stuff slips out of my hands and onto the ground, earning an earful of mocking laughter from the rest of the student body.

Chanyeol's POV

It was only when I heard the deafening thunder of laughter that I looked down. A sea of papers were spilled at my feet with a brunette boy picking them up. I kick some of the papers together with my foot, which causes the brunette to look up. Baekhyun. I instantly recognized who it was. The boy was infamous for never talking. None of the people here had heard a word come out of his mouth. Feeling sorry for him, I bent down and helped the boy gather the rest of his papers together. A full stack of papers in his hands, he gave me a rushed bow and sped down the hall. I lost sight of him once he turned the corner.

Baekhyun's POV

Gah, what was that?! What a great start to my week. I grab the things that I need for class and head into homeroom. I sat down in the back corner of the room, trying to avoid attention. It worked for a while, until Chanyeol came in.

Chanyeol's POV

As I walked into homeroom I saw Baekhyun sitting in the back corner of the class alone. There was no teacher in the room so I walked over and took the seat next to him. Ignoring the stares we were receiving, I gave him the bracelet with the engraving BBH on it. He must have overlooked it with all the papers he had. Baekhyun took one look at the bracelet and another look at me. He slipped the bracelet on and then made a motion with his hand. I squinted my eyes, confused. Did he just blow me a kiss?

Baekhyun's POV

I put the bracelet on, and instinctively put my fingers to my lips and moved them in an arc towards Chanyeol in a thank you. When Chanyeol looked at me weirdly I realized what I did. You dumbo, did you really expect him to know sign language? That and the fact that you don't normally interact with people. He might have though you blew him a kiss instead. My eyes widened in horror as I stood up and bowed to Chanyeol for the second time in less that ten minutes. If I keep this up I might end up worshipping him. Then again, half the school already does. I turned away from him, not wanting to try and explain myself.

Chanyeol's POV

I watched as Baekhyun turned away, seemingly staring off into space. I wave my hand in front of his face.  No response. I gently kick him in the shin. His mouth opens in a gasp of pain but no sound comes out. I ignore it and turn to him. "Are you okay?" Baekhyun grabs a piece of stray paper and scribbles a word on it. He flashes the paper at me.

'Fine.' was written on it in a neat print.

"What's wrong with your voice?" I ask him. Baekhyun tenses up for a second, then grabs the pencil again.

'Sore throat.'

Baekhyun's POV

"What's wrong with your voice?" Chanyeol speaks softly and I recognized the tone of concern mingled in with his abnormally deep voice. I tense, racking my brain for an excuse. There is no way I'm telling him I'm mute. He can figure that out himself. I speedily write 'Sore throat.' down underneath my last response. Hn, good of an excuse as any. He puts a gentle index finger to my throat and strokes downward his finger barely touching my neck. I'm surprised at the action but lean forward, it's surprisingly soothing. He takes his hand away and I grab the paper again.