CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Everyone flew back as the glowing tentacles pulled the ship back down onto the ground as we tried to escape. "Everyone alright?" Gamora asked.

     "Yeah." Mantis nodded.

     "Hey, you." Gamora looked over at me. "You alright?"

     "I'm fine." I turned my attention to Nebula as she stared back at me. I rose to my feet and walked towards the stairs to the upper deck.

     "Hey, where are you going?" Rocket asked.

     "Up."

     "Why?"

     "Because as long as Nebula is on this ship, I don't want to be anywhere near her. She can fucking die for all I care."

     "She's staying." Gamora argued.

     "Exactly. She's staying and I'm going up." I climbed up the steps and stood behind Yondu as I watched them frantically mess with the controls. "Everything okay?"

     "I told ya to get down below." Yondu argued as he continued to press buttons and flip switches.

     "I did, but Nebula is down there, and for her safety, I'm stayin' up here."

     "Thrusters are out." Yondu grumbled as he pushed a button. Quill opened a hatch to the wiring and began to rewire the thrusters.

     "Guess I should be glad I was a skinny kid." Quill stated. "Otherwise, you'd have delivered me to this maniac."

     "You still reckon that's the reason I kept you around, ya idiot?"

     "That's what you told me, you old doofus."

     "Once I figured out what happened to the other kids, I wasn't just gonna hand ya over."

     "You said you were gonna eat me."

     "That was being funny!"

     "Not to me!"

     "You people have issues." Rocket called out from below deck.

     "Of course I have issues. That's my fucking father!" Quill pointed out in front of the ship as a glowing skeleton hovered in front of us as skin began to grow over it.

     "Wow, I can see the resemblance." I smirked.

     "Ha!" Yondu chuckled.

     "Shut up!" Quill snapped. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The console lit up. "Thrusters are back up."

     "Hold on, Devora." The ship flew forward and obliterated Ego as we headed straight for the window. CRASH!

     "CLIFF!" I shouted as we entire ship fell off the edge of the cliff. Everyone below deck began to scream.

     "We should be goin' up!"

     "We can't." Quill explained. "Ego wants to eradicate the universe as we know it. We have to kill him. Rocket!"

     "Got it!" Rocket responded. A few seconds later, a bunch of red beams shot out out from the ship and cut into the ground, forming a tunnel into the caverns.

     "WOO-HOO!" Quill shouted with excitement.

     "So, we're saving the galaxy again?"

     "I guess."

     "Awesome! We're really gonna be able to jack up our prices if we're two-time galaxy savers."