Classroom

I enter the classroom and see all of the shiny science equipment. Bunsun burners, thermometers, jars filled with little sparkly rocks. The teacher stands at his desk drawing something on the board. I take a seat next to Carlos and Dizzy sit s next to Evie who later followed us in.
"Welcome to class students. I believe we have two new students. Would you two like to introduce yourselves?" The teacher says. His name was Mr Basic. He looked like a rat hybrid. Hybrids are a mix of human and animal. Dizzy stands looking a little nervous and introduces herself.
"Hi, I am Dizzy Temaine and I am from the Isle of the Lost." She sits back down smiling at me.
"Well thank you Dizzy. How about you Chelsea?" He says signaling me to stand up.
"Hi I'm Chelsea Cheshire." I sit back down casually. Everyone looks at me weird like they are missing something.
"And where are you from?" Mr Basic says.
"Well for the best three years of my life I lived in Wonderland but then the war happened and I was dumped on the Isle of the Lost." I say staring out of the window.
"Ok class we shall move on and talk about crystallisation." He says trying to move past what I said like it was a bad thing. I look over to Dizzy and we both shrug. What else was I suppose to say. Mr Basic continues to talk about how crystals are formed. I stare out of the window again looking at a little striped grey tabby cat and a white ermine. You don't see ermines a lot because people mistake them for ferrets and then the ermine bites them if they are too energetic. The great tabby cat looked like me when I transform except it wasn't purple.
"Excuse me Miss Cheshire but can you tell me why crystallisation is becoming a problem in crime?" Mr Basic asks. I don't know if he is asking me because I wasn't paying attention or because he thinks I am a criminal.
"There is a drug that is called crystal meth. On average crystal meth is worth $40 to $80 per 1/2 gram. The side effects are loss of appetite , significant weight loss, severe mood swings, unpredictable behaviour and other severe health issues." I say going into great depth. Everyone except Carlos and Dizzy look at me like I have just murdered someone.
"Well thank you Miss Cheshire for that significant amount of information." Mr Basic says writing all of the information that I said on the board.
"Only a villain would know that." A blond boy about Evie's age said under his breath but loud enough for me to hear.
"Only a royal would judge someone for being smart." I reply. Some people laugh and some people pat him on the back.
"Nice comeback." Carlos says giving me a high five.
"Ok class. On your desks there are the materials to make crystals. Your task is to make crystals. If you need instructions turn to page 125. Don't worry you have a week for this assignment." Mr Basic says writing more information on the board. I look at the table and see a whole bunch of things. An idea pops into my head.
"Sir, can I please go get some sugar from the kitchen?" I ask. Carlos stares at me wondering what is going on in my head.
"Sure, I will be wondering what will be made by you." He says opening the door. I run out as fast as I can strain to the kitchen.
"Hey Miss, can I please borrow some sugar?" I ask holding my hands and doing the puppy dog eyes.
"Sure, how much?" She says opening a cupboard and bring out a big bag of sugar.
"I don't know, how much are in rock candy?" I say staring at the bag. She gives me a look wondering what I was up to. "Science project." I blurt out. She nods her head and gives me a contain full to the brim. I thank her then run back to class. I walk through the door and run strait to my desk.
"What is all this?" Carlos says looking at all of the things.
"Let me give you a hint, sugar and sticks." I say setting up the rock candy experiment.
"Oh....that's brilliant. How come I didn't think of that?" Carlos says helping me. "How long will it take?" He say finally finishing setting up and adding the solution to the jar.
"Three to seven days." I say. The bell rings.
"Ok class move you crystals to the side of the room and we will continue this tomorrow. You can come in here any time." Mr Basic says rubbing off the board. We move the jars to the side of the room and walk out.
"Well that went better than I thought." Dizzy says walking with us to lunch.