Chapter 2: The past and the present!

Molly's POV:

As I sat in the back of the van, I think back to when I was younger, and my parents were still around, I think I was 3 or 4.

~~Flashback~~

Dad started to hit and beat mum, telling her she was ugly, not needed and always getting in the way. He was drunk, but he still knew what he was doing. I was balled up behind the sofa, mum had put me here to protect me from him. As she was hit, I could tell she was crying. I looked up from behind the sofa, and saw a menacing grin on dad's face, it was like he enjoyed seeing her weep and whimper in pain.

He then stood back to admire his work, then left the house to go back to the pub. Mum was weak, but she stumbled towarss me and whispered precious words to me.

"A bag is under the stairs, it has most of mine and your belongings in it. Go get it and we will leave this place tonight." As soon as she said that, I ran to go fetch the bag. We left after a couple of minutes of saying goodbye to the house I grew up in.

°°°2 years later°°°

I could tell mum was getting weaker, she wouldn't eat, and she was immobile. We lived under a bridge, were other homeless people lived, and it wasn't the safest place for a 5 year old kid to live. I wasn't educated well, and only knew simple things like how to count and spell simple words.

I was just about to give mum some food, and suddenly she collapsed in a heap on the ground, her face pale. I ran to her yelling "Mum! Mum! Get up!" But she didn't move. All the other people ran over to her aswell. She helped them in times of need, so they were going to pay her back. They tried everything, but nothing could bring her back. She was gone. I was now alone in this world. With no family.

I grabbed what I could and ran. Ran until I could run no more. I arrived at a big building with painting on the inside of the windows. I realised this was a place for kids, so I decided to ring the bell. A fat, short woman opened the door, and gasped as soon as she saw me. I was a mess, and she took me in straight away, shooing me inside. I later found out that this was a Orphanage, and when they heard my story, the kept me there.

~~End of flashback~~

The van halted to a stop, and the doors flew open to reveal bright sunlight into the back of the van. The two people grabbed me roughly and started to drag me out. I realised we were far away from any civilisation, so help was impossible. As I was being dragged, I saw a glint of metal in the distance behind us. I thought it was a car, and could see figures inside it, but thought nothing of it.

We approached a building surrounded by barbed wire. Judging by the location and the barbed wire, I guessed we were at an old prison. The two peopel opened a gate hidden in the fence which was blending in with the wire mesh. A iron door loomed up in front of us, and was opened by a large person, which I assumed was a man judging by his face.

I was thrown into a cell mouth and arms tied up, and the large cell door closed behind me. It smelled like urine, and the air had a dampness to it. This probably wasn't going to be good for my health. I started to bang my feet, which weren't tied up, on the floor, trying to create as much noise as possible. I heard voices outside the door, and tried to listen in. Still banging my feet, but quietly.

"Shall we tell her to stop banging her feet?"

"No, she will only tire herself out, making the job easier for us."

"Have you told her yet? Who we are?"

"No, I didn't get the chance. I will tell her after the beating."

Beating? What did they mean? I think to myself, 'No, surely they are joking. They wouldn't beat a 15 year old'. But I was wrong, and oh how wrong I was.