Chapter 7

A/N Okay...it's short, I know. And late. Sorry! I made it as long as I could but I was anxious to get it up so here it is :P Oh and there's the first sight of Niam in this chappie! Sort of... not really. Nothing romantic just some friendly stuff for now :) Anywayyyy vote, comment, enjoy! :) 

Light streamed through my closed lids, making me blink and squint at the sudden sunlight. Liam was drawing back the living room curtains. I looked back at Harry, who was lying between me and the back of the couch, still asleep.

“Oh, Lou, you’re awake,” Liam said catching sight of me.

“Yeah... what time is it, mate?” I asked. I didn’t sit up for fear that I would wake Harry who was snuggled tightly up to me.

Liam shrugged, “Around noon-ish.”

“Noon? Why didn’t you wake us up?” I asked surprised that I’d slept so late.

“You two looked too cute,” He grinned cheekily and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Well we are a cute couple, aren’t we Boo?” I heard Harry’s scratchy morning voice say from behind me. When did he wake up?

“Oh yes, we’re adorable together,” I joked back, a grin spreading across my face.

Liam snorted and headed into the kitchen, “Niall’s got lunch if you two are hungry,” he called to us as he walked.

As if to accentuate his point, my stomach chose that moment to let out a low grumble. Harry chuckled and sat up, running a hand through his tousled curls.

“Hungry?” He smirked and my heart leapt to my throat. He really did look good in the morning... NO! Stop it Lou!

“Yeah, starving,” I grinned, shaking off those thoughts as I jumped to my feet and hurried into the kitchen. Harry gave me a funny look but followed apparently letting it go. 

“What’s for lunch, Nialler?” I asked, plopping down in one of the kitchen chairs.

“Gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made by none other than the great chef Niall,” Niall grinned, setting the sandwiches down on the table.

I chuckled and shook my head at Niall’s ‘cooking skills’ before taking a bite out of the sandwich.

“If anyone’s a great chef in this house, it’ll be me,” Harry teased, nudging Niall playfully before sitting down next to me.

“Vas happenin’ boys?” Zayn asked bounding down the stairs and hopping into a sitting position on the counter.

“Lunch time with chef Niall! Next he’ll teach us how to make our very own homemade Mr. Noodles!” I joked and Niall stuck his tongue out playfully at me.

“Everyone’s a critique,” He sighed dramatically, shaking his head.

“So what’s the plan for today, Li?” Harry asked.

“Absolutely nothing,” Liam smiled, “We got the next few days to ourselves boys!”

I fist pumped, my mouth too full of peanut butter and jelly to get any actual words out.

“Is there a beach?” Niall asked.

“Bweach?” I repeated hopefully, the words muffled by the food in my mouth. The boys laughed and I sped up my chewing and swallowed before saying again, “Beach?”

“Yeah, there’s a beach just a little walk from our house,” Liam told us once the laughter had died down

“LET’S GO!” I exclaimed, jumping to my feet and rushing to my room to get my swim stuff.

By the time it took Harry to finish eating and make his way up to our room, I was already in my swim trunks with a towel over my shoulder, applying sunscreen. Harry chuckled.

“Excited?” He smirked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“You know how much I love the beach,” I grinned, tossing him the sunscreen, “Now hurry up!”

In around half an hour, we were all downstairs by the door ready to go. They took forever.

“C’mon, let’s go, Zayn your hair’s fine, NIALL! That’s enough food! For the last time Liam, I have better abs than you... Harry those are the brightest swim trunks I have ever seen,” I ushered them out the door.

After what seemed like forever plus a day, I managed to get the lads down to the beach. Finally.

Liam’s POV

I watched with a smirk etched on my face as the boys rushed down to the beach like a bunch of five year olds. Zayn walked with me, his hands in his short pockets.

“Not going swimming today Zayn?” I teased lightly, nudging him gently.

Zayn chuckled, “Nah, I think I’ll sit out today. Maybe in five years when I learn how to swim,” He joked.

I chuckled as well and shook my head. I laid down in the warm sand with Zayn, propping myself up with my elbows as I watched Harry, Louis and Niall approach the water.  I couldn’t help but laugh when they all realized the water was cold and decided pushing each other in was a good idea.

I shut my eyes and laid back in the sand. After a little while of enjoying the sun, I heard footsteps running towards me. I kept my eyes closed, a smile playing on my lips when the footsteps stopped next to me.

“Come in the water Liam!” I heard a familiar Irish lilted voice say.

“But the waters wet...” I whined jokingly, my eyes still closed.

Silence. Uh oh. My eyes snapped open just in time to catch a glimpse of blonde hair before I was hit by a splash of water. I jumped to my feet, shivering. “Niall!”

He just stood there grinning at me, one of Lou’s sandbuckets swinging in his hand. “There. Now you’re already wet, come in the water!”

I scowled at him but obliged, following him down to the water to swim in the waves with the other guys.

Louis’ POV

We made our way back to the house tanned, soaked, covered in sand and in higher spirits than we were a few hours ago. I loved the beach.

“Last one back to house gets the smallest bowl of icecream! “ Harry shouted, taking off. I swear to God, I have never seen Niall run so fast in my life. Chuckling to myself, I chased after the boys.

This has been a good day.